Optional Objectives List

Options
Daddystyx
Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Could we build a list of all the optional objectives we know about the terror in the shadows events so people can begin to make their decks know and not wait until the event launches? I only remember the ones from the last event.

White was Spirits and Delerium

Green was Wolf and Transform

Black was Horror and Madness

Blue ???

Red ???

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It rotates. Thus far, here are the three events.

white - spirits/zombies & delirium
    red - wolves & transform
    black - vampires/horrors & madness.

green - wolves & transform
    blue - vampires/horrors & madness.

green - wolves & transform
    black - vampires/horrors & madness.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The objectives seem to be per node as opposed to per colour
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah. The bottom-left node is spirits/zombies and delirium; the top node is vampires/horrors and madness; the bottom-right node is wolves/werewolves and transform.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Oh man, my decks are absolute **** for this event. At least I'll get the objectives done, even if I lose lol
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh man, my decks are absolute **** for this event. At least I'll get the objectives done, even if I lose lol

I don't think you earn the secondary credits if you don't win the match.

at least that's how the story mode score it.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:

I know, that's the joke icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2016
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:

I know, that's the joke icon_e_biggrin.gif

if u build a decent Low mana cost deck and play the board right, most of the time, u can win.

The AI isn't that great in maximising matching mana gain except thru lucky cascades. :p

also, I notice it plays soi ability plus cards quite badly ( it strengthens my creatures instead of its own) and if I don't have any creatures out, many times it cast aoe spells and wipe out its own full army. lol

I can't tell u how many times I won because the AI decide to wipe out its own hexproofed creatures. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    I don't know if it's safe to assume that the secondary objectives will remain the same from Shadows over Innistrad events since this is a Kaladesh themed event. I guess time will tell.
  • Ekkias
    Ekkias Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Kaladesh event starts on Friday. Today's event is Terror in the Shadows (blue, black, red).
  • Squirreljester
    Squirreljester Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would love to be able to make multiple decks for each Plainswalker, especially for events like this but also for trying out concepts and not messing up my current deck.
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I back that idea up 100% as the constant need to move cards around takes so much time out of actually playing the game.
  • alextfish
    Options
    Daddystyx wrote:
    I back that idea up 100% as the constant need to move cards around takes so much time out of actually playing the game.
    It wouldn't be so bad, except for all the loading time. If I could go "Hmm, I don't like the way that card is playing, I'll swap it out" and just tap Planeswalkers, tap Edit deck, un-check the card, quickly find the replacement and tick it, save, and tap Events or Story again and go back to playing, that needn't take more than 5-10 seconds. But instead it's more like a minute thanks to all the "Loading player profile..." "Loading planeswalker list..." "Loading player events..." "Loading all events..." "Claim match..." "Get match..." Urrgghh. Not to mention all the loading when going between the battle screen and the event node list. What is so resource-intensive that it needs so much slow loading to switch between those screens?

(If there were a "Disable fancy animations" setting that sped up the loading by a factor of 2, you can bet I'd tick that in a heartbeat. I don't need all the particles and swirls, I'd rather just be able to play the game...)
  • Kthanid
    Options
    I would love to be able to make multiple decks for each Plainswalker, especially for events like this but also for trying out concepts and not messing up my current deck.

And the best would be to have a sealed deck for a given event.

If changing constantly to fit conditions required for a given event or being more competitive for classical pvp means encountering OP decks during an event while trying to validate optional objectives, this doesn't worth it.

My point is : having multiple decks builds option is great (so much time saved...). But when choosing to participate to a given event you've got to make one build (or choose one among the current ones). The game will then pick the chosen build as being the only deck viable during the encounters for the given event, not the others current ones. This would really re-balance the pvp event system when given optional objectives (that makes a great and interesting challenge by itself btw).