Please stop underestimating Maintanence time

Options
jimilinho_
jimilinho_ Posts: 292
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Devs,

Everytime you have maintenance it always last much longer than expected. It's not a one off, it's every single time. Could you not factor this in for future notifications. If you say it's down for 10 hours and then it comes back online after 8 then that's great but saying 5 hours when it turns out to be much more is so aggravating!

Please just next time be more conservative with your estimates

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Options
    Sure, that'd be nice, but...

Given that they literally always do this, just estimate the maintenance at 1.5x -2x their estimate and you should be close. =]
  • jimilinho_
    jimilinho_ Posts: 292
    Options

Given that they literally always do this, just estimate the maintenance at 1.5x -2x their estimate and you should be close. =]

So based on the above formulae I'm expecting the game to be back online in the next 30-60 mins, icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:

So based on the above formulae I'm expecting the game to be back online in the next 30-60 mins, icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yeah, but eventually they'll start compensating for this and the delays will get even longer.

I used to set my alarm clock 17 minutes early so I wouldn't be late for work, and all it did was make me really good at adding 17 to numbers.