Scaling question

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Im debating using my ISO from the Shield ranking (rank 53) to boost my OML from 255 to 330. I have no 4* maxed. I have 2 at 213 and then a a few in the 190-180 range. I have 31 championed 3*.

Will i be totally screwed if I bump OML that much in terms of scaling? I use him and his 6 covers with IF and Cage almost every day. What effect will that have?

Thoughts?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The average 3☆ when boosted is easily level 290. As long as you don't go above that you'll be fine. You don't want outliers at any tier
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    It shouldn't be that bad, but probably isn't worth it right now. Your MMR is based (to the extent we can guess) on the mean levels of your top characters, weighed by the number of covers they have. So, the proposed move will take your MMR from about level 225 (where you're fighting, I'm guessing, boosted 3s and some 4s) to about 250 (where you'll be fighting mostly unboosted 4s and some boosted 3s). So, not too big a change: however, I would much rather fight a level 330 OML (regardless of his cover distribution) than a 270 IMHB or XFDP or Iceman, so you can expect to get picked on a bit as higher level rosters are able to see you.

So, if you're a PVE dominant player, go for it; won't make too much of a difference. If your a PVP dominant player, I'd wait, and use the ISO to level some 4s instead. Once you have a nice group of good 4s, then start levelling your OML.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Is SHIELD rank going to impact or even replace MMR? It would make xp a mixed blessing, which would suck...
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I was in a similar situation, I leveled my OML, and I don't regret it at all.

In most cases it made things quite a bit easier. The downside is that the occasional event where OML is locked out are a pain.