8 1-stars, 14 2-stars, 40 3-stars...

Options
Stashasaurus
Stashasaurus Posts: 29
edited August 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
According to the sticky post 'Compendium 2', we have 38 4-star characters and 9 5-stars. What would you take, the UNDER or the OVER, if I guestimated that they stop making 4-stars at 55 characters, in favor of a shift to 5/6 star character game?

Add an explanation if you feel saucy...
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I voted under because I feel like it would take at least a year to release another 17 4-star characters, and don't see the game existing in the current state (lots of players with all 3s and many 4s) for that long.

I'm 'committed casual' and bound to have a couple maxed 5s by the time they hit 55 4s; If, at that time, they were still pumping out 4s, they'd be obsolete for every veteran player and furthering the power gap for new players by making it more difficult to fully cover 4-stars. The tiers of progression would become 2-star champs, 3-star champs, undercovered 4-star doldrums until you have one or more viable (330+) 5-stars, until finally maxed 5s+.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    the only cap to 4 and 5 stars will be how long the game continues.

or, shudder, when they start making six stars. then they can stop making fours.

new characters keep the money coming in to keep the servers on. they have no other revenue model.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could potentially see them creating a lot more characters in the 4* tier (or even lower!) If they made new kinds of tokens.

Like, make a new Heroic Mk II token that has the same 2*s but restricts itself to 3*s and 4*s released after 10/31/16. Or something. The problem with the system as it exists is that as a tier populates, the odds of actually being able to improve your roster vertically goes down. That is a fixable problem though.

Another possibility is making events that only permit characters from, say, the past year (to borrow shamelessly from Hearthstone).
  • Stashasaurus
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    the only cap to 4 and 5 stars will be how long the game continues.

or, shudder, when they start making six stars. then they can stop making fours.

new characters keep the money coming in to keep the servers on. they have no other revenue model.

I'm with you here. I consider myself a 'casual' player as well and I have a pretty strong roster, but even playing almost everyday, I only have about 2/3ds of the 4-stars and only about 8 with enough covers to be viable. I brought this up because we are approaching the number of characters when the last tier was abandoned, and if they went to a new tier of characters, the spread would get so wide, I might as well start a new game.

I like the idea where we might need a new token and I like the promise that SHIELD RANKS provides from an ISO standpoint. If only we could get the shield ranks to start excluding lower tiers from token pulls the higher rank you were, that would be great. If i'm 40+ in SHIELD RANK, I should have no need for 2-stars covers, and they shouldn't be in my token vaults. IF all of my tokens were aligned with where my roster tier sits, they could make as many 4_star covers as they desired because my tokens wouldn't go to waste. I don't need wasted covers for Iso anymore if my SHIELD RANK will cover my needs there...