Has anyone noticed a mastery imbalance?

Options
Squirreljester
Squirreljester Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I don't run a lot of mythic cards, 1 because I don't have many, and 2 because I like to try and build low cost decks with cards that work well together (a habit from the paper magic game I suppose since popular and rare cards are expensive).

So I'm doing quick battles using my deck of commons and uncommons almost the entire, and all of a sudden I started facing player after player that's were using almost entirely mythics, and I lost like 6 in a row. Did I hit some upper tier with the cards I'm using, even though they aren't "expensive" cards? Or maybe the matches get harder after a certain time of day? Did I hit some number of times played cap before matching me with a very "expensive" decks to kill my win streak?

Around the same time I started drawing 3 and 4 of the same card, sometimes in a row. I know the decks are only 10 cards, but that's some mighty high odds to get those kind of draws in multiple games in a row. It was very strange, and sudden, like there was a switched flipped somewhere.

I just stopped playing until later that night, and it seemed to be better. I'm all for randomness and tough battles, but I'm not for the game quite obviously trying to screw me.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've noticed this before mastery, you'd be happily playin along all nice suitable games then bang, mythic after mythic deck would come up and thrash me.
    I thought it had to do with the number of wins you had in a row I'd get to about 25 and the game would suddenly decide I wasn't allowed to win any more.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    its always the case... every 25 wins or so, they will throw a hurdle at ya either through super mythic decks or via crazy cascade... i usually manage to get to win 125...
  • Ethyde
    Ethyde Posts: 31
    Options
    Or, when you play an heavy deck (like a kiora 60 + 6 mythic) and you enter in battle against a Sorin level 45, it's not fun at all....