FB rewards not appearing in 108

Basepuzzler
Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
I see the requests sent in FB but nothing shows up in game.

Might be related to other bug where Connected save to FB button keeps unchecking.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, FB claims I have 36 gifts waiting for me, but when I start up the game, I don't see any showing up in-game.
  • yes, my Facebook gift receiving and giving has been dramatically reduced, this may have been a stealth nerf or something.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this is a stealth nerf, I'll be quite upset, because then instead of giving us more ISO, they'd be giving us the same ISO as before (adding SHIELD, removing gifts), and now forcing us to work to receive the ISO instead of getting it for being on facebook.

So net would be less ISO, more work.

I am very hopeful that it's simply a bug and not a stealth nerf. Please let that be the case.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    There's been chat in the MPQ-related FB groups that this is apparently happening to everybody.

From my own perspective, I'm still receiving notifications in FB that I have shares waiting for me (worded, as always, that my friend has sent me a request) but there's no sign of it being received in the actual game. I'm still receiving opportunities to share with my friends and, of course, I send the rewards but I don't know if they're being received. I should (but haven't yet) take note of the names I'm sending rewards to so I can ask them if the gifts have been received.

It could be that I'm receiving gifts of ISO and they're being added to my total without a popup telling me so. This is just a guess, though, since I don't track my ISO level enough to notice if 70 more ISO suddenly appear.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why has there been no official word on this?
  • JeffCascadian
    TLCstormz wrote:

There has been. D3 is aware of the problem, not blaming FB, and working to resolve it.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz wrote:

There has been. D3 is aware of the problem, not blaming FB, and working to resolve it.

Link? Source? Etc?
  • JeffCascadian
    TLCstormz wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Link? Source? Etc?

E-mail replies from D3 to those who have reported the problem.
  • TLCstormz
    So....as I alluded to before....there has been no OFFICIAL announcement, word, nor public acknowledgement of this issue, whatsoever.....
  • JeffCascadian
    How is an E-mail from D3 not official word? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    It's related enough that I would consider it official word.
  • TLCstormz
    That thread is all about Facebook backup and saving and linking.

What does that have to do with Facebook friending and gifting?

Or, is the general consensus that people becoming Unsaved is now the sole reason gifts have vanished?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    That thread is all about Facebook backup and saving and linking.

What does that have to do with Facebook friending and gifting?

Or, is the general consensus that people becoming Unsaved is now the sole reason gifts have vanished?
    Your point is a fair one, but it seems to be related.

I have to re-sync to Facebook every time I open the app now. When I get a reward that I can share on Facebook, the app still asks me to approve sending to my regular Facebook friends that I normally share with, even though I have told the app multiple times that it does not need to ask me.

Coupled with that, I get reward notifications in my Facebook feed, but when I log into the app, I get no rewards. Why? Because Facebook is not synced with the app any longer. Re-checking the sync to Facebook button does nothing to fix that, either.

That is related enough to me to accept the issues as directly correlated.
  • TLCstormz
    I actually did some experimenting this weekend, and yes, that may be what's happening.

But, what on earth in the SHIELD Clearance Levels would possibly cause this bug, is the question? lol
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I'm going to just add to this thread that I'm also having rewards issue since R108. I'm having issues submitting a ticket so I just want it on the record here.

I will say though that I think it has to do with the actual game save and not FB itself. As a test I had cleared out my FB connection to an existing FB account, cleared cache and removed the app. When I redownloaded the app and synced with the account I had cleared out, it sent me about 7 rewards from friends on that account, but of course I now was back at square one with the game as this FB account did not have a game save associated with it. I then resynced my game with the game save on my other FB account and I got my progress back but no rewards.