Sigarda, Herons Grace

Options
Reaganstorme
Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
SigardaHeronsGrace.png

I'm struggling to find a deck list and planeswalker to support Sigarda that i like so i thought I'd come to the forums to canvas for some ideas.

Obviously her token generating ability stacks with Ulvenwald Mysteries, a green support, suggesting a green PW deck, *and Strength of Arms suggesting a White one, but I'm not taken with either. *Thanks Coconut99 for reminding me.

With seven PW to choose from (G1, G2, Ajani, Nissa, Nahiri, Kiora, and Sorin), what do you suggest? I have a lot of Rares and Mythics in those colours, but not all, so don't hesitate to recommend along those lines.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've gotten her as well, and to tell you the truth, I don't think we have the best walker for her at this time. Hopefully one of the later walkers to land with this set is a green/white or green/red so we can utilize some of the humans with that support!
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    G1 probably. Neither her nor her tokens are allies, so G2 is out, and most of the other humans are white so it's going to be pretty much vanilla white. Probably add Sword to catch as many summons as you can, a couple or ramps for cascade. Should be fast.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    It seems like Thalia's Lieutenant is the obvious thing to do with her activate. Just seems like a worse version of the Gideon ally deck though.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I had some good runs with her in Ajani, Kiora and Nahiri decks. Using Abbot and/or Rumbler + Sword of the Animist to pop out human tokens was pretty quick with red/white. Eventually I took out Rumbler as she doesn't give it hexproof. Kiora I had a heavy focus on green gem changing to pop out human tokens.

Ultimately I'd use her for being a cheap flyer/blocker that has a perk of giving hexproof and can fill empty creature slot with tokens until I get something better.
    It seems like Thalia's Lieutenant is the obvious thing to do with her activate. Just seems like a worse version of the Gideon ally deck though.

I tried this combo and it works ok. I'm just not a fan of stacking all these token and +1/+1 animations.
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    Hmm...if you have it, Thalia’s Lieutenant, as it would keep pumping from the tokens, and there would be your 3 creature stacks. (I still need this, myself icon_cry.gif )

I was also going to say Hanweir Militia Captain for the same reason until I realized it spawned Cleric tokens, not Human Soldier tokens. Still, it will pump up based on whichever token comes out.

Odric, Lunarch Marshal is expensive, but has some nice utility. Strength of Arms would also boost your token generation.

That's all I can personally think of to synergize with this, really. I'd also say G1 as far as PW.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Its a shame they don't stack with the Murder Investigation tokens as well.

Thing is you have to choose to plan around using those tokens or not. If you do she's a two-slot creature making your third creature the imporant choice. If you don't use them, then she's less specific, slightly bigger but more vulnerable, Sphinx of the Final Word.
  • Shipwreck
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Ultimately I'd use her for being a cheap flyer/blocker that has a perk of giving hexproof and can fill empty creature slot with tokens until I get something better.

I'll prioritize other cards over her like Tyrant and Archangel of Tithes. I run her with G1 and Nahiri, and shes nice in some situations, Thalia's LT syncs well, and War Oracle is the only other human in my Nahiri deck. I mainly just use her to block, unless I need to give one of them hexproof.

Avaycn is probably a better fit for most decks if you bought her.

Hopefully a new PW and some more humans will open things up a bit.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What does hexproof on a player actually mean?

Is it just for effects that can target creatures or players? It doesn't work on Ob Nix's ultimate ability, for example.

So is it just red burn spells that it works on? What other spells target creatures or players?
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly Ive yet too see this hexproof in action. I can't keep her alive long enough to actually make an impact on the game.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Hmmm... Maybe Red/White to abuse Harness the Storm, Strength of Arms, and Volcanic Upheaval?