Server Maintenance - (08/30/16) ***Updated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
5:25 PM PDT 8/30/16

The 1.6.5 update should be in the iOS App Store for everyone now (I just downloaded and installed it myself). Thank you once again for your patience. We apologize for the longer-than-expected downtime and we hope you enjoy the update!

3:55 PM PDT 8/30/16

Hi all. Another quick update. The game is currently live on Android devices. The team are working on getting the iOS build out to players ASAP. We'll provide an additional update as soon as we have it. Thank you for hanging in there with us.

12:50 PM PDT 8/30/16

Hi everyone,

A quick update on today's server maintenance. We apologize that things are taking somewhat longer than anticipated. We should have the game back online by 3:00 PM PDT/6:00 PM EDT.

Thanks again for your patience. *Note: We'll post the 1.6.5 release notes when servers begin coming back online.

Hello.

In order to bring you the MtGPQ 1.6.5 update we will be performing scheduled server maintenance tomorrow, August 30, 2016 at 10:00 AM EDT (7:00 AM PDT).

During the maintenance period the game will be unavailable. The maintenance period is expected to last approximately 5 hours.

Thank you for your patience as we work on bringing you the next exciting release.

Comments

• huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    Got my fingers crossed hopeing the update goes smooth and doesn't double you downtime estimate like the last few. Good luck
  • FreakShow
    Options
    If it's down for more than 5 hrs this time I think we al should get a fat pack of soi or even 500 gold
  • buffbeardo
    buffbeardo Posts: 154
    Options
    FreakShow wrote:
    If it's down for more than 5 hrs this time I think we al should get a fat pack of soi or even 500 gold

Lol!
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    given the abysmal drop rate, that wasn't too much to ask for...
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cmon not even a patch notes?

Many cards are broken right now to the point that some are literally unplayable.

Knowing which ones have been fixed is crucial.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Cmon not even a patch notes?

Many cards are broken right now to the point that some are literally unplayable.

Knowing which ones have been fixed is crucial.

Seconded. Please release details.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey JC, to give us something to get us excited, could you release some notes about what the patch will be doing?? Or give us some reason that patch notes were not released at this time???
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    5 hours later, 2 hours remaining.
    5-5=2 icon_e_wink.gif
    At least there is no event today and I wasn't planning on playing anyway, it's just funny.
    Next time they will say 8 hours and it will take 12.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ya,I am just planning on playing tomorrow, been actually getting stuff done today!!!! LOL
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    12:50 PM PDT 8/30/16

Hi everyone,

A quick update on today's server maintenance. We apologize that things are taking somewhat longer than anticipated. We should have the game back online by 3:00 PM PDT/6:00 PM EDT.

Thanks again for your patience. *Note: We'll post the 1.6.5 release notes when servers begin coming back online.
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    Patch is up for download in Google Play store.

Aaaand awesome, the Rai event is this weekend, just when I'm going to have literally no time to play...sweet...
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    damn, this had to the weekend I have a family trip..... so annoyed, can't they offer her over 2 events to give everybody a chance?
    I wont even be able to help my coalition icon_e_sad.gif
  • xenolinguist
    Options
    Is this delay *really* about server maintenance? I only ask because the app update isn't available in the iOS App Store yet, and they're notoriously slow to approve updates, sometimes taking days.

Just a suggestion: maybe it would be a good idea to release app updates that are backward compatible and do it a couple days before the server downtime, rather than add wait time to the users because of the sloth lawyers at Apple.
  • huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    Is this delay *really* about server maintenance? I only ask because the app update isn't available in the iOS App Store yet, and they're notoriously slow to approve updates, sometimes taking days.

Just a suggestion: maybe it would be a good idea to release app updates that are backward compatible and do it a couple days before the server downtime, rather than add wait time to the users because of the sloth lawyers at Apple.
    Wow. Android got it first! How do you like them apples? icon_lol.gif Maybe you should check the last few update threads to see the extended waits android has had to deal with.
  • xenolinguist
    Options
    huntly wrote:
    Wow. Android got it first! How do you like them apples? icon_lol.gif Maybe you should check the last few update threads to see the extended waits android has had to deal with.

It's surprising to me to hear that the issue has ever swung the other way. I suppose things have changed since my days in mobile app development, but it used to be that developers could pretty much just upload their own binaries straight to the android market, while iOS apps had to literally submit their source code to Apple for audit.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    3:55 PM PDT 8/30/16

Hi all. Another quick update. The game is currently live on Android devices. The team are working on getting the iOS build out to players ASAP. We'll provide an additional update as soon as we have it. Thank you for hanging in there with us.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for working hard on this game with continuous updates and new content this is the only game I play on my phone. I think you have flawlessly translated this game from card version to PQ version. Good job keep up the hard work. I figured you guys could use some encouragement for once. GO DEVS GO!
  • BruceAlmghty
    Options
    Would have been nice to know i had to manually update the game. Instead of opening it and it showing maintainence was still going on. With the message "back up soon"...
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Take all the time you need Devs. once it out it out and we can play as our hearts content then. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Update on IOS please. I have an itch and I need to scratch it.