Victory too soon

JeffCascadian
JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
A minor bug, and not something really bad, is that I've noticed I'm receiving my victory XP right before my final opponent is actually KO'd. It's just a little timing issue and not something that seems like it could have a negative consequence.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been like that for a while, if you finish the match with a power where you have to press 'ok' before it fires (cap red, DP purple, sniper rifle etc). You press ok, won, and then the power fires. Assuming the power would win it for you, of course.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The "bug" really points out one thing.

When you press the power, the AI can instantly resolve all the damage and calculate what tiles are supposed to drop.

Thats not really AI cheating, because of course a computer should resolve math instantly.

But that does means every blinking and flashing light was a conscious decision by a developer, to include eye candy that has zero effect on how the match is actually played.

When the animations are modest, its a great effect and defines the character. i.e. surgical strike and every single wolverine jump off the screen animation.

But all the excessive blinking lights and board shake is a bit excessive. I am not an epileptic but I surely do feel like one after venom bomb
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:
    But all the excessive blinking lights and board shake is a bit excessive. I am not an epileptic but I surely do feel like one after venom bomb

I don't like powers making the board shake, either. There's a thread somewhere else about that. It's not terrible but I wish they hadn't added the effect to so many characters that were around before the board shake.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    This is consistent with how "Victory" has always been determined by the game- it used to happen with old victory banners too. When you see it flash is when the game knows you've won, which is obviously faster than the other animations finishing.