MtGPQ At Geek & Sundry: New Planeswalker

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone!

Geek & Sundry has a new Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest article up and you'll definitely want to head over and have a look. In an interview with Hibernum Senior Game Designer, Samuel Bernier you can uncover some deatils of what's arriving with the next update and get a first-look at new Planeswalker, Saheeli Rai!

READ IT HERE

A NEW PLANESWALKER IN MAGIC THE GATHERING: PUZZLE QUEST — EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
Quote:
"Players are competing for Rai. What challenges must they complete to play as her? Will she only be available for certain brackets?

The event is called 'Saheeli Rai’s Challenge.' It is a PVP event with four shards of mana. The players can play as the brand new Planeswalker, Saheeli Rai on the central node, and choose their best Planeswalkers for the other three."

Comments

• huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    Was wondering if no NoP this week ment new update
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    So the Coalition patch will be the same one that has Kaladesh? What about Eldritch moon?

Hopefully bug fixes are coming in a patch before that even.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does that mean we have an update tomorrow David? When will that stuff be posted? Or is this just a new event??

Question answered, 5 hours of update time. icon_e_sad.gif
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What morphis said in the other thread. What edge does mastery give for chance to get the new planeswalker? Also, will it be color restricted mastery, or in any color?
  • huntly
    Options
    So i guess im not a lucky reader who would win any in game coin?
  • zaann85
    zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What is the gold + advantage? It will take a grind for me to get to gold, but I need this walker! Give us some info or at least let us see the rewards before we join the event so we can decide.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Players that have achieved Gold and Platinum Color Mastery Tiers will have great odds to receive Saheeli Rai-but all players will have a chance to win the new Planeswalker. Competition is sure to be fierce with smaller Leaderboards of only 500 players.

The two thoughts sound contradictory to me. I'm assuming gold and platinum tiers will have smaller leaderboards based on lower populated entries compared to silver and bronze. If that's the case, the second sentence makes it seem like gold and platinum will have it harder.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Players that have achieved Gold and Platinum Color Mastery Tiers will have great odds to receive Saheeli Rai-but all players will have a chance to win the new Planeswalker. Competition is sure to be fierce with smaller Leaderboards of only 500 players.

The two thoughts sound contradictory to me. I'm assuming gold and platinum tiers will have smaller leaderboards based on lower populated entries compared to silver and bronze. If that's the case, the second sentence makes it seem like gold and platinum will have it harder.

Probably means different tiers will have different number of people getting the new Walker. Maybe top 10 for Plat and top 3 for silver, etc?
  • Plastic
    Options
    Let's just hope the tie breaker bug is fixed by then.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Let's just hope the tie breaker bug is fixed by then.

I thought the temp fix to that problem is to get there and then not check the score till it ends?

That's been working for me.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    huntly wrote:
    I've hunted through the article and parsed carefully - can't figure out what we're supposed to do to get any in-game currency out of it.
  • huntly
    Options
    Melevorn wrote:
    huntly wrote:
    I've hunted through the article and parsed carefully - can't figure out what we're supposed to do to get any in-game currency out of it.
    Only possibility I found was to leave a comment on what we would do with the extra "coin". So i registered on the sight and left a comment. Sight still says 0 comments.
  • Plastic
    Options
    huntly wrote:
    Melevorn wrote:
    huntly wrote:
    Only possibility I found was to leave a comment on what we would do with the extra "coin". So i registered on the sight and left a comment. Sight still says 0 comments.

I registered and left a comment yesterday. Still not approved to be displayed. GG
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What they mean is that if you show up at PAX you can get stuff... and some of their readers are lucky enough to be going to PAX. icon_lol.gif
  • Plastic
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    What they mean is that if you show up at PAX you can get stuff... and some of their readers are lucky enough to be going to PAX. icon_lol.gif

If that's the case, the guy who wrote the article worded that portion poorly. icon_neutral.gif