Disable Wolverine & Daken's Passive Healing Messages

Options
It makes the game painfully slower to have to see a board-covering message appear every. single. round. for Healing Factor & Healing & Heat

I for one would be happy just to see the health ticking up (or sometimes down in Daken's case).

If you have to have something, maybe you could just have the yellow tiles on the board flash before they receive healing (damage) or something.

Thanks!

Comments

• Add for all respective passives... like, especially with matching cascading greens and purples.
    Dakan's Pheremone Rage
    Bullseye Adamantium Armor
  • Thats an interesting thing, I think it shouldn't be too hard because it is already in affect at the Hoods passive. There you only see the effect but no message
  • this. i love wolverine but i actually avoid playing him a lot of the time because after 2 battles i get so annoyed with the passive message slowing me down.
  • i suggested this yesterday icon_e_smile.gif
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I came to the forum and registered just to comment on this. Daken's abilities are especially slow on PC (Steam);

Perhaps the worst part on PC only is that when Healing and Heat activates (i.e. every turn) Daken's power tab is highlighted, so when you want to use another hero's power you always need to click over to their tab first. I'll often find myself clicking away during the turn change, then having to re-click the tab because it auto-highlights Daken again. Keeping in mind that Daken's powers are passive so you NEVER need to switch to him unless you need to re-read the power text. I haven't player with Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) on PC yet but I assume his Healing Factor has the same issue.

Battles with Daken just seem to drag on. Maybe after the third time he could simply regenerate or create an attack tile with no fanfare.
  • I would even go further and request a setting that would allow you to skip all of the animations in general and just show what ability is being used for a brief second or two. It would make the game feel faster for those that prefer to play in a quicker fashion.
  • What if there were another, smaller message area up in the top with the portraits that didn't pause gameplay to display - just for these sorts of passive abilities. You'd just see the words flash above the character's AP gauges while play continued as normal.
  • Oversoul wrote:
    I would even go further and request a setting that would allow you to skip all of the animations in general and just show what ability is being used for a brief second or two. It would make the game feel faster for those that prefer to play in a quicker fashion.
    +1
    That's exactly what I've been thinking
  • I also created an account just to comment on this.

This needs to happen. I avoid using Daken specifically because of this (I'm on Android).

I think an ideal solution would be to keep the power animations and passive messages on by default, but immediately clear them if the user taps anywhere on the screen (and allow them to take action immediately after). It would be super intuitive. I kept trying to do this when I first started playing.

The FAQ on this forum says that the game was meant to be played at a faster pace. RIght now I feel like an idiot every time I hover my finger over the skill icon for 4 seconds while I wait for the [HEALING FACTOR] message to dissipate -- EVERY TURN.