Predict 4* #40

Options
OzarkBoatswain
OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
edited August 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
When they got to 40 3*s, they stopped making them. As well, the final run of 3*s were amazing and seriously changed the 3* dynamic, with amazing black and purple generation and some great passives, although the actual #40 was a dud (Vision).

We're currently at 38 4*s. What character do you think 4* #40 will be? Will it be junk like Vision or a game changer? Will they stop at 40 or keep on going?

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FWIW my prediction is that it'll be a TV tie-in character who'll be unusual but not a game changer. And they'll keep going to at least 50.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tinykitty, it'd be great if they made an oft-requested, un-dupe X-man like Rogue. But I'd bet on 4-star versions of Iron Fist or Thor (Odinson).

I don't think they should stop releasing 4's... There's plenty of room to continue to expand the roster, because more 4's let them give out more 4's in general without people maxing them any faster (and continue the roster slot crunch past 90+). Though the odds on 4-tokens would start to be pretty wonky.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    I really wanna keep my head up high for optimism, because other X-men like Nightcrawler and Gambit are consistently requested characters to show up here on MPQ

But honestly? I prefer them releasing more bad guys because their abilities are usually more interesting to experiment on the board. So why not have #40 be the final 4 star bad guy? I'm thinking... No wait, Onslaught would be a 5 star boss character, so Sentinel!

Yeah, that's it! Not just any Sentinel though, it's gotta be the one scary Sentinel that can make the X-men **** their pants
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is no way they stop at 40 4*.

Anyway, my guess for #40 is a 4* Luke Cage to coincide with his Netflix show.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There was a thread in General a little while back. We've got at least one known, and some well grounded guesses based on previous performance

Medusa (known, poll) - possible 4*

Civil War DVD/Blu Ray release tie-in character
    The 4* tier already has Falcon, Ant-Man, War Machine, & Winter Soldier (plus 5* CW variants for both Tony and Steve). From the remainders, I think the best potential is for either Black Panther or Black Widow - and Widow was the first character to have 3 variants in game, so we know she's a dev favourite.

Netflix release tie-in character
    We got Kingpin and Punisher, so there's some precedent for cross promo here. I think it's unlikely that we'll see a Jessica Jones character any time soon, which is a bit disappointing, but I'd say there's definitely potential for 4* variants of Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Dr Strange movie release tie-in character
    No prizes for who they'll pick here. Stephen Strange is all but guaranteed, but likely to hit the 5* rank.

So, depending on release order, we're probably either getting Medusa or possible Luke Cage variant as #40