Heroic event 4* reinforcements

BigBZ32
BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Is it time to add a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png reinforcement for heroic events? We have plenty of them now and for the times where the boosted characters aren't ideal, another 4* option would be great.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking this myself. There are so many 4*s now....it seems like this event should include 4* reinforcements. I can see why historically they may not have made sense. There weren't as many, a smaller pool to draw from, etc. But I can't think of a reason now.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, I don't think there should be Heroic events. Losing access to the majority of your roster sucks. D3 wants a villain lockout, that's cool, but being unable to use anything but a handful of characters, frustrating as heck. I usually just avoid the event.

I mean, keep Heroics, but stop the lockout.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the theory behind heroics is fine, only allowing a limited roster to force you to go beyond your usual teams, the problem is that the reality of heroics just don't work as they should.

The real problems are that scaling does not take into account the lack of synergy in your highly restricted roster, only the levels and they do not increase the available roster enough compared with the size of the overall roster. Another issue is the frequency with which these seem to crop up just after a new character release which means that your rpster is further restricted by how few covers you will tend to have for the 4* essential nodes.

They should add an extra 2, 3 and 4* to the available rosters and allow all 1*'s to be available since anyone having to use those already has enough issues as it is.

A more complicated option would be to allow people to nominate 3 chars (one each of 2-4*) that would be usable in the event but not buffed, so that we didn't continually get screwed over by their 'random' selection for the event.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    They should increase the number of available characters...by a lot. Like, at least double. And give us a 5*. Any one. I get the idea, and even the appeal, of being forced to use a limited roster, but having this few characters makes the Heroics really boring and frustrating.

When many of us have rosters of 100+ characters at this point, it's really **** to have to stick with 15 or so, especially when they have no synergy at all.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's tough because sometimes the character selection is so limited that there's not a single character available with a specific color, for example blackflag.png this time around. I don't have spider woman, and all that icon_loki.pngblackflag.png does is change strike tiles, which isn't useful since the majority of enemies are hammer goons who have cd tiles but no strikes, so it doesn't do anything against them.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It's tough because sometimes the character selection is so limited that there's not a single character available with a specific color, for example blackflag.png this time around. I don't have spider woman, and all that icon_loki.pngblackflag.png does is change strike tiles, which isn't useful since the majority of enemies are hammer goons who have cd tiles but no strikes, so it doesn't do anything against them.

At times it seems like they go out of their way for these limited rosters to be more difficult than they need, you can be sure that any heroic with a lot of Doc Ock will feature a roster that is heavy on strike tile generators, not to mention how rarely the better batteries will be available.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the most frustrating thing is the constant lack of colour synergy. The last heroic had 75% of available characters all being red/blue as primary colours.

Very annoying. I get the idea for smaller rost3r and as someone who experiments a bit I'm in favour of locked rosters but not when you have to use a team where everyone is fighting for the same AP