What was the notification about a cover up for grabs?

Slarow
Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It's been almost 3 years and the developers still haven't decided to show Android notifications that you can actually expand/read. Even worse, many of the notifications that pop up are not actually duplicated in the game, so if you get more than one notification, or the text of the notification is longer than a few words, there is no way to ever actually know what the notification says.

So... what was the recent notification about a cover up for grabs?

And if anyone from D3 reads this, can you PLEASE fix Android notifications?

[Edit] To reiterate, I am not talking about the in-game popups (such as the current picture of SpiderWoman), I am talking about Android Notifications, i.e. top of the phone pull down menu when you are not in game.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    IDK if android is the same, but on iOS you can click the little gear icon in the upper left and then click "todays news" to see all the banners/notifications/pop ups that are currently active
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Today's notification was about Spider-Woman being available in the Oscorp: Heroic Vault.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys are talking about the in-game pop ups. OP is talking about the ones you get in the notifications shade. They're like the ones you get from text messages or emails.

The one I saw said Quake covers were available, and then it cuts off. But none of the active events have her as a reward.
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    jojeda654 wrote:
    You guys are talking about the in-game pop ups. OP is talking about the ones you get in the notifications shade. They're like the ones you get from text messages or emails.

The one I saw said Quake covers were available, and then it cuts off. But none of the active events have her as a reward.

Oscrop: Heroic has Quake covers as the top 10 reward.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:

...is that another feature Steam users are screwed out of? Because that doesn't sound familiar to anything I've seen.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Just the daily news update. But now its a much prettier picture instead of the usual in-game message box.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    jojeda654 wrote:

Yes, I am talking about the Android Notifications (Top of the phone, pull down menu when you are not in the game). If these notifications were 1-1 with the in game news popups, that would make sense, but right now they are two separate streams of notifications, and you cannot read the Android ones if they are too long, if you get multiple of them, or if you clear them by accident without reading them.