Howard for Cho swap

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it possible to make Cho a "special" character and make Howard the Duck a part of the regular rotation? Howard , while not a top tier 4*, can be really useful in certain situations. I have yet to see any situation where Cho is of any use. Can we make this swap?? I would love to be able to pull Howard more than once every few months.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    All this hate for Cho...I really don't get it. Yes, his black is a waste of a power, I get that. But the rest of him is honestly not all that bad. A self charging blue battery with a targeted green board destruction/nuke and a huge health pool. Have any of y'all with all this hate for poor Cho ever played with Drax?? That guy is an absolute waste of a roster space. Cho isn't the greatest character by a long shot, but he's leaps and bounds above the green Kratos knockoff...just sayin icon_cool.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead let's make no characters' special and put them all in the rotations. The whole idea seems silly to me...
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I'm hanging on to my 4/4/3 lvl 161 Cho on the firm belief that one day he'll get a rework and become Actually Awesome Hulk!

One day, one day.....
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Just click your Ruby Yeezy Boosts three times saying, "There is no Hulk like Cho, There is no Hulk like Cho, There is no Hulk like Cho"
    Then you will get your re-work......or not.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    All this hate for Cho...I really don't get it. Yes, his black is a waste of a power, I get that. But the rest of him is honestly not all that bad. A self charging blue battery with a targeted green board destruction/nuke and a huge health pool. Have any of y'all with all this hate for poor Cho ever played with Drax?? That guy is an absolute waste of a roster space. Cho isn't the greatest character by a long shot, but he's leaps and bounds above the green Kratos knockoff...just sayin icon_cool.gif
    Drax is very situational, but can at least hit pretty hard.
    And Cho? Green with terrible damage/AP ratio (and when it comes to targeted board destruction, there are 3* characters better at this - for example GSBW or Hood). Blue, which in theory works as a battery, is very inefficient. Black - single worst skill in the game.
    His only saving grace is large health pool, but I would prefer Dino (even more health, two skills that deal damage more efficiently, cheap board shake) over him.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    First, I really like the Duck and would love to see him buffed regularly. One of the few essential characters in PVP that I consistently use all 3 powers. I also think you can make the argument that even the worst 4's are useful when buffed. I recently champed my Drax and while he mostly collects dust, he's been okay for me in the Venom Bomb pve. His red hits for 17k off the bat if they have most of their health. and black was consistently getting me 12k per hit. Admittedly I did not use his purple often. Any move ending the turn is a big no bueno for me unless it's OML. Cho is still my most useless character.
  • tanis3303
    Piro_plock wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    And Cho? Green with terrible damage/AP ratio (and when it comes to targeted board destruction, there are 3* characters better at this - for example GSBW or Hood). Blue, which in theory works as a battery, is very inefficient. Black - single worst skill in the game.
    His only saving grace is large health pool, but I would prefer Dino (even more health, two skills that deal damage more efficiently, cheap board shake) over him.

Maybe it was the event he was featured in, but there is no situation where I wanted Drax on my team in this entire PvE...In all cases, Cho's board punch would have been 1,000,000x more useful than Drax's super awesome ability to end you turn and very probably not do anything else icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take Cho out of packs and put Howard in? I'll take it.

Although at this point, I think Howard/Dino are better than a handful of 4*'s and shouldn't be considered "Joke" characters anymore, just put them into packs/rotation on a regular basis already!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Maybe it was the event he was featured in, but there is no situation where I wanted Drax on my team in this entire PvE...In all cases, Cho's board punch would have been 1,000,000x more useful than Drax's super awesome ability to end you turn and very probably not do anything else icon_lol.gif

I am taking it you don't have his red at 5 covers.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    You're not supposed to fire his purple if you don't have someone else's ability ready to fire.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:

Kratos knockoff that preceded Kratos by 32 years. Just sayin.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

I used his purple many times for some strange reason. With symbiotes, I was able to use the purple since they don't take a turn. Also I used captain america's blue a lot so when everyone was stunned, out comes the purple. He doesn't pair that well with cap though because of the red overlap.
  • tanis3303
    I'm probably never going to like Drax, he's just not my style of character...but there are some good defenses of him listed here, maybe I'll give him another chance. But y'all will be happy to know I put my ISO where my mouth is in support of Cho, he is now champed and ready to rock! icon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Take Cho out of packs and put Howard in? I'll take it.

Although at this point, I think Howard/Dino are better than a handful of 4*'s and shouldn't be considered "Joke" characters anymore, just put them into packs/rotation on a regular basis already!

I agree, although they should also take that as a challenge to improve the weaker 4*'s.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Replace Duck season with Hot Dog season?