The patch related thumb twiddling thread

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Anybody else just kinda waiting for this to roll out?

As a Brit with work, I should probably be asleep (especially as it's unlikely to have an early launch today).

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    You've stayed up until 5am waiting for this?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fully expect it will be after the lunch hour before it rolls out in the Central time zone. But I wouldn't mind if it rolled out at 5 am Central.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    "But it's Christmas Day and I want my presents NOW " said everybody.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'm feeling about as patient as Quicksilver. I know I have to wait; I just don't want to wait. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won't somebody think about the Asians and Australians??? It's been Monday for AGES for them.
  • The Herald
    You've stayed up until 5am waiting for this?

Was up anyway due to unrelated disasters. Would have stayed up a bit longer afterwards to mess around with the new feature :p
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    Won't somebody think about the Asians and Australians??? It's been Monday for AGES for them.

Yeah, based on past patches, I think it'll already be Tuesday by the time the update is available.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I'm 2/3s through Monday and I want my patch!

It will likely roll out when I'm asleep though, will get the update in the morning like I usually do. So yes, spare a thought for us. You'll all be getting the patch on Monday but we'll only get it on Tuesday! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having a hard time that the grumpy, bitter curmudgeons around here are actually excited for something. It must the **** apocalypse!

PS: I'm actually pretty excited, too.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    I'm having a hard time that the grumpy, bitter curmudgeons around here are actually excited for something. It must the tinykitty apocalypse!

PS: I'm actually pretty excited, too.
    Don't worry, there will be pitchforks once we all get grandfathered into rank 25 with a whopping 25K iso bomb for those levels.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get very excited about patch updates with new features as well! More so than any other game.
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    It's here!
    With 36 championed star.pngstar.pngstar.png , no star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png past level 150 and only poor covered base level 5 star.png i'm at level 55 (almost 56), which gives me 600k iso8.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Level 49
    480k ISO
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still twiddling my thumbs on Android....

(Great news about the ISO though, I no longer have any regrets about champing Miles)
  • The Herald
    I don't have it yet icon_e_sad.gif

Any idea what's causing rollout irregularities?
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    me too, I am waiting. I cheeked on google play. The page hasn't updated. All I get is the open button. No update button available yet.

Maybe it is rolled out by country?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    As a Brit with work, I should probably be asleep (especially as it's unlikely to have an early launch today).

Corr blimey, you must be batty for this game, mate!

Yankee here just rolling into work, no patch yet for me.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    dsds wrote:
    me too, I am waiting. I cheeked on google play. The page hasn't updated. All I get is the open button. No update button available yet.

Maybe it is rolled out by country?

Last I checked the update had only rolled out on Steam. With David posting the official "SHIELD Ranks are here!" thread I figure it must at least be up on iOS now, so Google Play appears to be the laggart here. Not sure what the delay is, but 99 times out of 100 situations like this are entirely up to the storefront operator -- i.e. it's Google's issue that the patch isn't available yet on their store.
  • cuviper
    cuviper Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Come on, Google Play, Amazon has it now: http://a.co/b0Wz3l2

Since it's a free app anyway, I wonder if there's a way to manually download that APK to update mine?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lucked out and had a busy weekend, so I totally forgot this was rolling out. Logged in to a surprise 865k ISO, whee!