Game freeze theory

Options
xenolinguist
xenolinguist Posts: 9
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I had the game freeze on me twice today playing my Liliana deck. Both times the freeze occurred on my turn, the instant that I used her "raise dead" ability. I remembered to get a screenshot of this most recent one.

VSCvqzKl.jpg

My hypothesis is that the freeze occurs due to some sort of weird interaction when returning something from the graveyard while a transformed creature is on your board. A transformed Elusive Tormentor can be seen in this screenshot, and I was trying to raise a Blood bond vampire from the graveyard. In my previous game, I don't recall what was in the graveyard (probably a few things) but my board contained a transformed Heir of Falkenrath.

If there is anything to this theory, it should be almost trivial to reproduce with Liliana decks. Step 1- cast a transformable creature, step 2 - transform it, step 3 - discard one or more creatures, step 4 - use Raise Dead, Dark Petition or another effect to resurrect something.

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Were there any other creatures that might've been targeted by your raise dead? There are reports of creatures that have self resurrecting conditions that are freezing the game when resurrected by other abilities.
  • xenolinguist
    Options
    In the game from the screenshot, there was exactly one creature in my graveyard, and it was Bloodbond Vampire.
  • Shadow_Wraith
    Options
    It may have something to do with moving creatures around the board in general. In previous events, my game kept freezing when playing cards that transferred creature ownership. The game would freeze when the creature would transfer BACK to the original owner. Could be the same theory where creatures are being moved around through your raise dead.