Possible 4* Captain America bug with his blue passive

beyonderbub
beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
During the recent Earths Mightiest versus event, I paired boosted flaptain with scarlet witch. I noticed that whenever I made blue matches, Scarlet Witch's blue countdown tile (that resolves to generate purple tiles) was reduced by one; however, if flaptain's blue passive, triggered by a blue tile match, reduced the Scarlet Witch tile from one down to zero, nothing would happen except the blue tile was just blank: no zero, number, or even affiliation logo. The other issue was that Scarlet Witch would not generate another countdown tile until I matched that blank space blue tile away.
I apologize if this is a common glitch already reported or if this is how the powers were intended to interact, but it seemed odd to me. I also apologize for not grabbing screenshots. I'll try using that team combo in daily deadpool to see if I can recreate the issue that I experienced all thru the avengers pvp.

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Just tried recreating situation in Venom Bomb event, and all is resolving as expected or normal. Maybe the glitch was not from one to zero, but if multiple blue matches are made, bringing the countdown tile effectively below zero before it has a chance to resolve. Please delete thread if your QA team can't reproduce this.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I replicated the bug, with Scarlet Witch and 4* Cap (and took screenshots, though I can't post them here: sent it in game). Scarlet Witch countdown was at 1, then a cascade led to 2 blue matches. The first pushed the countdown tile to 0, then the second pushed it to a tile with the countdown skull, but no number, and didn't resolve in later turns. As with the OP, it still registered as a countdown, preventing Switch from firing a new tile.

My guess is that this bug is being caused by a change in the way countdown tiles work from a few updates ago. Previously, if an ability caused a countdown tile to go down, it would resolve (go off) immediately, even before falling if the tiles below it had been matched, which led to some weird effects. This was changed, so that the tiles would fall first, pushing the resolution of the countdown tiles to the back of the line. Which makes sense, but also allows for a countdown tile already at 0 to be further pushed down, causing an error in the system.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Screen shot of the issue https://imgur.com/a/Mn1GC
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed a similar bug when using falcap. If there are multiple CD tiles when I make a blue match it reduced the timer on one and stalled the others for an extra turn.

Also an alliance mate reported that if he beats Phoenix with a match (rather than a power) then her resurrection tile instantly resolves and revives her without waiting for a turn.

Maybe it's a general bug with cd tiles?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    To make this bug extra-frustrating, do what I do: bring GG with yellow too. Then you have a fortified countdown that you can't get rid of and won't resolve with this bug.

This is my current go to team for trivial PVE nodes....so no matches are lost, just extended. Please try to fix though!
  • thecoffeemug
    thecoffeemug Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I encountered this bug using Star Lord's purple power. Same thing: made blue match, purple counter went to zero, nothing happened, tile went blank. Sent an email to support.