Possible that scaling reverted to the old form?

deadtaco
deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
With the last two events, scaling has appeared to go back to the way it was a few patches ago. I apologize that I do not have hard numbers to give as I do not record them and don't want to go off the top of my head.

The thread in General Discussion about the earlier scaling changes contains more than a few mentions of the scaling going up. Has scaling been 'scaled' up or is there something going on?

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I've felt like the scaling got ramped back to original levels since around the recent Simulator run, or maybe the Venom Heroic. I'm very curious to hear what the reasoning for this unannounced change could be.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not sure about previous events, but the highest level for the final node has definitely increased for me in this latest event from the previous one, despite having fewer boosted 4*'s than in that previous event.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Either scaling ramped back up for me in Venom Bomb or it is only tracking my top character.

Enemy levels are about the same as the previous boosted weeks....except in the previous boosted weeks I had two champed 4*'s and this week I have zero.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Difficulty definitely feels through the roof again. Noticed some more bugs as well, such as Venoms green power doing way more damage than advertized, and a cascade dropping into a 3 match that didn't resolve because of a board shake due to 'no possible matches'
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiping against supposedly-nerfed symbiots tells me yes, scaling is **** again...