Suggested improvement to Invisible Woman

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
I know from previous discussion this is a nightmare character for D3, coding her unique ability causing hassle and then them not really working.

Unrelated to suggesting rebuilding her, I have a small addition to sugest that suits the character and may help her utility.

If you target a friendly tile, fortify it instead of creating a force bubble.

Then you can use the character to protect friendly tiles as well as lock down enemy tiles.

Fits the character, uses a new shared mechanic instead of adding to already complicated unique one.

Given how difficult the force bubbles are supposed to be, don't even know if this is viable, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Her only failing is her green. For its cost, it should do some damage, not simply create a force bubble. If that was fixed, I think she would be mid tier.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    wirius wrote:
    Her only failing is her green. For its cost, it should do some damage, not simply create a force bubble. If that was fixed, I think she would be mid tier.
    Maybe her blue can be a bit cheaper and the protect tiles the blue creates maybe less powerful to counter the lower cost of blue. Maybe even less force bubbles with the lower cost of blue.

Maybe make the blue only usable for a max of 10 force bubbles just so that it doesn't break the board. I think that should help the green power a little bit? Let her spam blue.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    dsds wrote:
    wirius wrote:
    Maybe her blue can be a bit cheaper and the protect tiles the blue creates maybe less powerful to counter the lower cost of blue. Maybe even less force bubbles with the lower cost of blue.

Maybe make the blue only usable for a max of 10 force bubbles just so that it doesn't break the board. I think that should help the green power a little bit? Let her spam blue.

I think that's a math issue. What is the value of 4 player selected (not random) bubbles that have both tactical protection, board shake, and potential negative tile elimination while providing a protect tile? Its only 7 ap, which is on the fairly low end of the cost spectrum, especially in 4* land. Her yellow is a nice unique ability that can potentially be frustrating to deal with, so seems appropriate in cost as well. Just my opinion though.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Well if you reduce the blue power to 2 force bubbles and a 100 protect tile for half the cost. It should work. This way the green will still trigger damage as long as there's two force bubbles out. If you use 2 blue powers, it will do the full damage. So if you split the blue power up and split the costs, you can get the green to do some damage earlier or choose to wait and do full damage! I almost always waste 2 force bubble on nothing.

It's like red hulk's green. You can do damage at 9 green ap or do full damage at 18 ap.

OR

Split both the blue and green powers in half. So blue only make 2 force bubbles at half the cost. Green destroys 2 force bubbles or creates 2 at half the cost. Super spammy character for kamala khan.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Her 3x Blue w/ 5x Green is a great combination as the green destroys all of the bubbles (you don't have annoying ones remaining), all of them go off, so you know what tiles are being destroyed.

You need her to have 5x Green because that's her only offensive power.

While letting her Fortify a tile would be different, I imagine it would be at 5xBlue, so a 3/5/5 combination would be interesting for her. Right now the only build which seems decent is 5/3/5.

I would like to add: IW+Hood+XDP is an excellent combo once you've champed IW+XDP. As both IW+Hood can nuke XDP's countdown tiles and do awesome damage, especially when IW is boosted (as right now).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's another IW thread elsewhere in the forums, so I'll copy/paste my comment from there:

As one of the lucky (?) few people who has and uses a Championed Invisible Woman, I agree that she could be better. Her green is expensive for what it does...especially since you either need her blue first, or to trigger her green twice.

I generally use her in PvE with Elektra and Hood. The two ladies tank for Hood (chivalry truly is dead! icon_e_smile.gif IW's Invisibility almost always targets Hood. Hood's main use is to steal AP often enough so that her expensive abilities can be cast a bit sooner than usual. I'll fully admit that the AI has no clue about which tiles to lock down or when to use Elektra's abilities, so this team is *terrible* in PvP...which is why you hardly ever see either of them in PvP events.

If you build IW at 5/3/5, you can control exactly what tiles get blown up when you trigger her green. While at 5/3/5 you can't lock up countdown tiles, just put one of your Force Bubbles next to the Countdown tile you want to blow up, and then trigger the green. If there is one tile you absolutely, positively want destroyed, and your build randomly leaves a tile up, then put two force bubbles on opposite sides of the tile. Likewise, if there's a tile you absolutely want to protect (a big attack/strike for YOUR team, for instance) you can lock that one up, so it stays around until after you blow the Force Fields. Sure, it might die to cascades, but you can't really do much about that.

As with everyone else that uses a blue, green or red power, 3-star Iron Man works well as a battery for her. You don't get her Grant Invisibility if you use the yellow for Recharge, but getting the rest of her abilities off that much earlier are generally worth it.

Edit - Forgot to add my tweak! If you want to get rid of the randomness, having the green blow up all of the locked tiles would be good. Conversely, you could make that ability both create and blow up the bubbles. If you do that, change the blue to do a stun, encasing the target in a Force Field. At lower levels, stun the target for 1/2/3 turns. At Levels 4 and 5, stun the entire team for 1 and 2 turns respectively.