Another VIP-Suggestion

tizian2015
tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, the VIP is like it is. My proposal is to implement a second VIP, i call it the "playing VIP". "Playing" because you have to play to get its benefits and not just logging in.

Features:
-Resets the prologue with each buying
-Healthpacks are divided in 10 PVE and 10 PVP packs
-24/7 Lightningrounds, but you can only enter the additional LR´s, if the VIP is active, higher droprate for 2*s
-a new daily DDQ-mode, which needs 1 featured 4*cover, and gives another one of this character as a reward, players are only able to enter with this VIP.

The casual player has something to play whenever he wants without banging against a wall and feels progress, the veteran has another farming option.

My idea would be to buy the "normal" and this VIP separate for each 9,99, but a combination would be 14,99.

I post it in general discussion, because I hope it gets more attention. The normal VIP is no buyoption for me, this (and maybe the combination) would be and I think for many others too.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Features:
    -24/7 Lightningrounds, but you can only enter the additional LR´s, if the VIP is active, higher droprate for 2*s
    -a new daily DDQ-mode, which needs 1 featured 4*cover, and gives another one of this character as a reward, players are only able to enter with this VIP.

These are great features...and all should have been in the game for everyone (no VIP needed) six months ago.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Ok, the VIP is like it is. My proposal is to implement a second VIP, i call it the "playing VIP". "Playing" because you have to play to get its benefits and not just logging in.

Features:
    -Resets the prologue with each buying

The casual player has something to play whenever he wants without banging against a wall and feels progress, the veteran has another farming option.

My idea would be to buy the "normal" and this VIP separate for each 9,99, but a combination would be 14,99.

I post it in general discussion, because I hope it gets more attention. The normal VIP is no buyoption for me, this (and maybe the combination) would be and I think for many others too.

I believe the new SHIELD rank is basically 'VIP Playing' as far as being rewarded for playing. I doubt players would purchase something that rewards you for playing nor would someone purchase two different VIPs regardless of a reduced combined price. They just need to revise VIP to make the $9.99 worth it to begin with and your ideas should have been implemented with the original VIP.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I wish people wouldn't suggest gating content behind paywalls. It isn't like the F2P experience is so full of content and progression options that such a paywall wouldn't be competitively required, and it isn't like dividing the playerbase into VIPs and non-VIPs is healthy for the game.

I get that you want to find something in the game that's worth spending money on. I get that there's nothing like that in the game now. But let's not try to solve those issues by tacking on even more ways for people who have already dumped a lot of money into the game to get an even bigger advantage. All that does is encourage designs that make the basic game as bad as can be managed, so that people are forced to buy their way out of the terrible-ness. The game has too many of that kind of problem as it is.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Features:

These are great features...and all should have been in the game for everyone (no VIP needed) six months ago.

100% agree. Introducing pay to play features like 4* DDQ would seriously alienate some players. They should exist, and they shouldn't be subscriptions. It would come across as phenomenally greedy. If they did that, I wouldn't be surprised if people responded by trying to get the money they've already put in refunded from Google or Apple.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Features:

100% agree. Introducing pay to play features like 4* DDQ would seriously alienate some players. They should exist, and they shouldn't be subscriptions. It would come across as phenomenally greedy. If they did that, I wouldn't be surprised if people responded by trying to get the money they've already put in refunded from Google or Apple.

I agree to you all, it would be nice if this stuff is all free2play. But D3 needs profit and my proposal says some money for good rewards and not much money for lesser rewards than my proposal. The actual f2p-structure would not be harmed by this and my proposal grants far better rewards than the actual VIP."Greedy" are the actual shop-prices, not this.