Question for any programmer

2»

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I am wondering if the following scenario is something that could be done in this game.

Nah man they tried to develop an option to switch the color of a cover.

There was rumors that d3 had contracted a year and a half ago with google, tesla and NASA to try and get such a feature implemented. The development on the option was scrapped when it was deemed just to difficult and costly. The programmers from the respective companies and NASA said programming self driving cars and deep space missions way easier so they gave up.

That's just what they want you to think. What they don't want you to know is that Mars is rife with colourless covers, just mountains of them. That's what all these missions are for. Google linked the cars here on earth to robots on Mars, so as people are driving around it moves the robots and they just gather up all the covers. The truth it out there, friend.

You know, I really don't think you guys are telling the truth.

I'm sorry. I just don't.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

I'm sorry. I just don't.

That's my secret captain,

I'm always not telling the truth.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

I'm sorry. I just don't.

That's my secret captain,

I'm always not telling the truth.

Is there any truth to that?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I played around briefly with the new Star Trek Puzzle quest... Not my cup of tea, but did have a few features I would like to see migrate to MPQ... (One is relevant to this discussion)

No cover colors... Only the first card locks you into a power. Subsequent ones let you pick which power to level up.

More ways to play... You've got the standard 3v3 match like MPQ, a 1v1 ship combat match, and a "tug of war" diplomacy match where there is a set number of turns, and you/your opponent make moves that move a bar toward your side or theirs.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Played it as well. Pretty disappointing, low production value (not as bad as Dr Who tho....), but yes, agree. Also interesting having ships and characters gives two games in one to an extent.

Marvel doesn't features vehicles so much, but there are objects, materials, technologies specific to the Marvel universe. Have equipment to chase, assemble, and upgrade, that was transferable between characters, would open up new possibilities for "quests" in this here Marvel Puzzle "Quest".
    Yeah, MPQ is a better game right now- not arguing that point at all. I'm just pointing out that it does a better job with the cover/card power system right out of the gate.

One other thing it does well- if you buy a feature pack, you are guaranteed at least one of whatever the feature is. Though overall the pay wall feels much worse than in MPQ.