How is D3Publ. going to take the responsibility for cheaters

Hey! I have spent easily over a 100€:s = 139.241 USD to Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign on Android, and I'm sick and tired seeing e.g. people with a few 6 level characters win the majority of the tournaments to reap the benefits I've played and spend my dime on, legit. How is D3Publisher weeding out the cheaters, do you even check who wins your tournaments and via which roster of characters? Personally, I've had it if nothing is being done.

Comments

• viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2789

Top sticky post in Bugs & technical issues. You can report them by following the instruction in that thread.

In the current Thor tournament, the top 3 players were Sandboxed for cheating today, so I know D3P deals with this on a regular basis.

Sandboxing is when a cheater is caught, they are put into a separate instance of Puzzle Quest where they only can see and compete against other cheaters.
  • Pjuunisher wrote:
    Hey! I have spent easily over a 100€:s = 139.241 USD to Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign on Android, and I'm sick and tired seeing e.g. people with a few 6 level characters win the majority of the tournaments to reap the benefits I've played and spend my dime on, legit. How is D3Publisher weeding out the cheaters, do you even check who wins your tournaments and via which roster of characters? Personally, I've had it if nothing is being done.

Guess you just spent your money irresponsibly. icon_e_smile.gif Next time make sure the game is at least marginally good with security design before supporting it with real life cash. More people do that chances are better devs actually hire at least one competent server component programmer for all those 2 weeks needed.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2789

Top sticky post in Bugs & technical issues. You can report them by following the instruction in that thread.

In the current Thor tournament, the top 3 players were Sandboxed for cheating today, so I know D3P deals with this on a regular basis.

Sandboxing is when a cheater is caught, they are put into a separate instance of Puzzle Quest where they only can see and compete against other cheaters.

Haha nice to know that they deal with those suckers by pitting them against each other.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Pjuunisher wrote:

Guess you just spent your money irresponsibly. icon_e_smile.gif Next time make sure the game is at least marginally good with security design before supporting it with real life cash. More people do that chances are better devs actually hire at least one competent server component programmer for all those 2 weeks needed.

Supporting the game isn't spending money irresponsibly. There's a game I like, and I spend money. It shouldn't be my fault, that there's a plethora of ways to cheat. With all due respect. It's a product, and in no way the devs should sell this game as 'faulty'. It shouldn't be the consumers job to 'make sure it is safe'. If it is not safe, take it off the market.