**** Sabretooth ****

Options
moss04
moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
It was challenging to create him because there are already plenty of slashing/healing strikers in the game. But wolverine needs his arch-nemesis so I hope I succeeded in coming up with something that feels thematic and yet at least a little different than what already exists.

Sabretooth (Classic) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
Sabretooth_Back_to_Nature_0001.jpg

Level 270: HP: 14356 Tile Damage: 11/82/73/10/11/64/4.0x
tpxt

redflag.pngSavage Maul - Cost: 8 redtile.png AP
Sabretooth savagely mauls the opponent dealing 491 damage to the target.

If the target is stunned, he takes advantage of their weakened state dealing 82 additional damage for each friendly attack tile on the board, and healing himself for 438.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2:
686 damage, 114 damage / attack tile, heals 614.
Level 3: 880 damage, 147 damage / attack tile, heals 789.
Level 4: 1269 damage, 212 damage / attack tile, heals 1140.
Level 5: 2055 damage, 343 damage / attack tile, heals 1842.

Max Level - 4004 damage, 667 damage / attack tile, heals 3649

blueflag.pngCrippling Claw - Cost: 7 bluetile.png AP
Sabretooth rends his claws into his opponent's weak spot, dealing 645 damage and stunning them 1 turn.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2:
903 damage.
Level 3: Stuns 2 turns.
Level 4: 1264 damage.
Level 5: 1769 damage, stuns 3 turns.

Max Level - 3450 damage.

blackflag.pngFurious Rush - Cost: 10 blacktile.png AP
Sabretooth barrels into his enemy, knocking them into their allies and leaving them bleeding. Deals 603 damage to the target and 320 damage to all other enemies, then adds a strength 52 redtile.png attack tile for each enemy left up.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2:
840 / 411 damage, strength 55 attack tiles.
Level 3: 1069 / 503 damage, strength 57 attack tiles.
Level 4: 1553 / 731 damage, strength 64 attack tiles.
Level 5: 2476 / 914 damage, strength 77 attack tiles.

Max Level - 4903 / 1808 damage, strength 151 attack tiles.

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is spot on.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could see him having a drax-like ability, that does finishing damage (and heals him a ton).

Drax has that mechanic where he does extra damage to enemies who have a lot of health. I could see the inverse of that healing Sabertooth, once he kills someone off. YOU DO NOT want him killing a teammate. That'd fuel him. Sabertooth is the sort of guy that takes pleasure in gutting you, boy.

The "blueflag:. I'm hung up on this 4* Cyke mechanic, a play on XFW's Green. What if you could destroy the highest enemy AP in a given grid 5x5, etc.... And that stuns them? It wouldn't need to do massive damage to be effective. He neuters your attack. Again, that's him playing with his prey like a cat who has its paw on the mouse's tail.

His blackflag.png needs to combo off of his own abilities, generating AP for his attacks. What if it was a boosted 3* Carol passive, that gives him AP when ANYONE is downed? He's a loner. He's not a team player. Victor Creed is chaotic evil, but he'd just as soon benefit from teammates dying as he would enemies.

My $.02. All criticisms are welcome.