Token creatures & return to hand/library?

Options
Konman
Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Plenty of possible card interactions, where an opponent's creature is targeted by an effect that would return it to their hand, or to their library. In a match earlier today, I was unable to cast Roil Spout on a token creature from my opponent's Crush of Tentacles. Is this because the creature is a token and isn't an actual card? IS this how it works for all token creature with respect to return to hand/library effects?

Thanks

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Options
    I haven't really played much with roil spout, but bounce spells can definitely kill token creatures.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's an inconsistency with mechanics based on this. While Roil Sprout isn't working on tokens, Gone Missing is working fine.

I'd make a post in bug forums.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    There's an inconsistency with mechanics based on this. While Roil Sprout isn't working on tokens, Gone Missing is working fine.

I'd make a post in bug forums.

Interesting enough, the opponent's deck would almost always cast Gone Missing on its own octopus token right after it had been summoned. That got rid of it easily.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah, I was kinda horrified to discover Roil Spout doesn't work on tokens. When the opponent's force consists of 8/8 Spirit tokens and Runaway Carriage, Roil Spout is looking rather sad, and it really makes no sense. If you can bounce a token, you should be able to put it on a deck.
  • Khebab
    Khebab Posts: 7
    Options
    Yeah, roil did trick me also...smite the monstrous on desolation twin (hell yeah!!!), then proceeded to roil the token...aaaand it could not target the token. Now that was a nasty surprise...and a loss ofc. icon_lol.gif