Season long Gauntlet

action711
action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
How about a season-long Gauntlet, with like 50 nodes, getting harder and harder until near impossible, and giving out proper decent rewards like phat ISO drops etc

This would reset each season and give us something to measure our roster development against, something not time dependent that we could chip away at inbetween events.

What do you think?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, SHIELD Simulator?
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Different style of play to simulator, for me anyway. I generally enter it early and wait for the last week of the season when points are highest.

2 completely different events. This Gauntlet would be near impossible to complete, so would present a challenge and, hopefully, have rewards to match. Simulator doesn't offer that...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    So, SHIELD Simulator?

But PvE style, and real PvE, not the one we usually have.

We should always have a Gauntlet running, ALWAYS, as a complement of any other PvE event. This way you would be able to play those nodes whenever you pleased. Even the new PvE has some time requirements. Gauntlet has none (as a true PvE).

And yeah, rewards need to adapt. There should be a very long progression list with just Iso and CPs, no covers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally am not interested in that. This game sucks away enough time as it is lol.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've made this suggestion too. With the single cover at the end, Gauntlet already seems more like a PVE SHIELD Simulator than an actual PVE. It would be a good alternative to the featured story if you don't want to play it (I'm looking at you Heroic: Whatever). And similar to Deadpool, this should not be a scaling feature (and also not have any powered up characters) but instead have static enemy levels in the difficulty progress. Does it favor whales with championed Epic characters? Yep (shrugs). What it does even better is it offers players who have worked at progressing their rosters a real measure of how those rosters have progressed. "Last month, I just couldn't get past the midpoint of the third area. This month, I had 4 missions to go. Almost there!"
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    What it does even better is it offers players who have worked at progressing their rosters a real measure of how those rosters have progressed. "Last month, I just couldn't get past the midpoint of the third area. This month, I had 4 missions to go. Almost there!"

Yeah this would be really cool.

This is why I think it should only have Iso and CP as progression rewards, so nobody loses any cover. And this way also would make people with better rosters get more iso (because they need more iso).

Really this mode would be great, and very easy to add !!! Devs do it now !!!!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh covers belong in progress here. Actually, some of the missions should include 1-2 star covers as the sixth reward perhaps. They can still be sold for ISO after all.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I like this idea
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I just had this same idea this morning. Just make it like the current version of the Gauntlet, only we have all season long to grind out the 3x rewards for each node. The Gauntlet is the perfect mode when you want to tool around with the game for a little while, then put it back down again..