Offseason + Prologue = ANSWERS TO OUR PRAYERS

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
Well maybe not to that extreme, but considering that the offseason PVPs and PVEs might not appeal to everyone, maybe the game could regularly reset the rewards of the prologue so that we can farm rewards once a month? After all, every so often I notice rewards that I still can earn from nodes that I had thought I'd finished beating before, so presumably that reward reset mechanic exists already.

And one question: the boost rewards -- I assume that they've been updated to be the current boosts, not the retired ones?

Comments

• kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It would be nice to have any sort of "do at your own pace" story that resets or changes after a month. I left some of the prologue undone and it's relaxing to do a few of those when I'm frustrated by Story mode scaling and frozen out of doing anything meaningful with Versus.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love prologue to reset once a month, that's a great idea.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Would we get through it once a month? Or are we just asking for a mountain climb of grind to make optimum farming rewards here? O.o
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I would think a "by choice" button to electively reset prologue would be an excellent idea. But for someone who is still on their first run through don't automatically make them start over. Only let the button be clicked once per 'season'.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    This is a terrific idea.
  • The Herald
    I would think a "by choice" button to electively reset prologue would be an excellent idea. But for someone who is still on their first run through don't automatically make them start over. Only let the button be clicked once per 'season'.

Season lock seems a better idea than a headlong rush per month icon_e_smile.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe at the very end of the prologue, there can be a level that states "Warning: Completing this level will restart the prologue from the beginning! Go through this warp hole at your own risk!!!"

And the level is only available at most once per month, so once you do it, it's no longer available until a month from then.
  • The Herald
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Maybe at the very end of the prologue, there can be a level that states "Warning: Completing this level will restart the prologue from the beginning! Go through this warp hole at your own risk!!!"

And the level is only available at most once per month, so once you do it, it's no longer available until a month from then.

It would still push maniacs like me to hammer it once a month.

Tying it into the Seasons is more humane :p
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Something that can be casually played other than DDQ every day would be great. There are many times where I'm either waiting for a PvE grind and don't want to enter into a PvP or would like a chance to use lesser used characters/teams on my roster that don't get as much play.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Would we get through it once a month? Or are we just asking for a mountain climb of grind to make optimum farming rewards here? O.o
    Referring to prologue as a "mountain climb of grind" should be grounds for a suspension...
  • The Herald
    simonsez wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    Referring to prologue as a "mountain climb of grind" should be grounds for a suspension...

A reset Prologue represents 313 clears to finish.

The resources it now represents is pretty damn good (Champion levels, decent iso8, reliable influx of boosts).

Would you want to do it each and every month alongside normal play?

You're definitely adding to the amount of time needed. That's assuming there's no scaling implemented to speed bump bigger players.

I like the idea, but feel monthly would be a little rough O.o
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    And if you could farm the prologue for resources you wouldn't have to buy the same resources using iso, hp or cash or credit through Google play, iTunes or Steam.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    My suggestion a time ago was to add something to VIP that resets the prologue. This option would make it buyable for me perhaps.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    If it gives me somewhere to play around with some of the (many) 4* characters I currently have who are sitting useless with just one cover, I'm all for unlocking the prologue! Yay for trying out new teams!! Finally, a bit of variety away from Phoenix+OML+'featured', where the first 2 outpower the third so much that he/she never gets a look in.

[Note to devs: if oversupply of ISO is a worry then just don't give out any rewards. I genuinely won't care. It's not about the grind, I just want to experiment to see which characters work best with each other, without waiting for a random Heroic to force me into it before I'm ready].
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

A reset Prologue represents 313 clears to finish.

The resources it now represents is pretty damn good (Champion levels, decent iso8, reliable influx of boosts).

Would you want to do it each and every month alongside normal play?
    Off season is not normal play. The PvPs are generally garbage events I want no part of.

And given that most of the prologue nodes are so trivial, I could put my phone in my back pocket and butt-clear most of them, yes, I'd love to have another ISO option.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    If this ever happened, itd probably scale to your roster, but same rewards. Have fun with that!