Sentry's Sacrifice fired but he took no damage

Options
DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
I was playing the final wave node for the first sub of Webbed Wonder today, which included Sentry in the final wave.

When I cleared out the final character from the first wave, the screen showed the animation for Sentry's Sacrifice move and added the strike tile before the second wave even populated. I didn't think too much of it because that's happened before with other characters and just figured it for an interesting quirk or bug in the game.

But when the wave popped up after the animation was complete, Sentry was at full health. So he apparently got to fire the power at no consequence to himself. I think he also fired his red power, which *did* do damage to the enemy team appropriately, but I think it was after everyone had showed up on screen.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah I've seen people from a wave that hasn't shown up yet fire abilities and also I believe once I killed a Phoenix round one and her passive count down tile stayed to round two. I removed it immediately because I had no idea what would have happened if it resolved lol. But that case was a while ago.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Yeah I've seen people from a wave that hasn't shown up yet fire abilities

I think what made me notice was that this was the first time I can remember where a character has fired a self-damaging power before they've arrived but then had full health when they actually populated. Maybe Juggernaut did it with a Headbutt once and I just didn't notice. I can't think of anyone else with self-damaging powers off the top of my head, although I'm sure they exist.
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I believe once I killed a Phoenix round one and her passive count down tile stayed to round two. I removed it immediately because I had no idea what would have happened if it resolved lol. But that case was a while ago.

I don't think I've had the "pleasure" of playing Phoenix in a wave node yet, but I probably would have done the same thing, just to be safe. I did have Ares suicide himself on Sunder recently and his CD tile stayed on the board. I wasn't in the position to match it away, but I don't think it actually counted down, just held at 2 until it was eventually matched away. I think that's happened more recently, I think it used to disappear about as soon as it was placed if he suicided himself.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Yeah I've seen people from a wave that hasn't shown up yet fire abilities and also I believe once I killed a Phoenix round one and her passive count down tile stayed to round two. I removed it immediately because I had no idea what would have happened if it resolved lol. But that case was a while ago.

That actually happened to me as well, but I couldn't remove the tile. When her countdown resolved, there were 3 opposing characters still standing, so it did nothing. I'm not sure what would have happened if there were only 1 or 2 enemy characters left.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a Sunder countdown stick around past Ares' death earlier today.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I faced Phoenix in a wave node in Civil War. The countdown kicked off, and when the countdown resolved you got an animation and not much else. She may have healed Black Widow instead of herself though... At any rate, she didn't come back.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had an ares sunder tile stick around after I killed him, this was in the first wave, it didn't do anything during the first wave but in the second wave it counted down and restored 1200 some health to a grenadier who was out front at the time
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xdogg wrote:
    I had an ares sunder tile stick around after I killed him, this was in the first wave, it didn't do anything during the first wave but in the second wave it counted down and restored 1200 some health to a grenadier who was out front at the time

weird, in my sunder bug the cd tile was frozen.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    During the first wave it was frozen and I couldn't match it away, but in the second wave it counted down
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is a looooooooooooooooooooooooong known bug. icon_lol.gif

[merged topics] multiple bugs with Wave nodes
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44323&p=521723#p521723

Ask 8 ball says it will be fixed one day after Armageddon. icon_twisted.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xdogg wrote:
    During the first wave it was frozen and I couldn't match it away, but in the second wave it counted down

makes sense. I was on the last wave
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't seen any powers fire. The transition is janky, for sure. The opposition disappears before the damage is reported, and their tiles go away at the end of the process. It all works out as it's supposed to, but especially when there's a cascade it's hard to track what's happening.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes I mentioned this in a previous thread months and months ago. It was exactly the same scenario (and maybe even same event, but I don't remember) with Sentry firing Sacrifice and then coming in at full health. You'd think they would have fixed this by now.
  • BraneDedDev
    Options
    Yep, yep, yep. No damage from sacrifice, sunder persisting, Hawkeye speed shot resolves before the next wave appears (a player claims thats working as intended) yet Blades keep your enemies closer hits the following wave. Yawn... icon_rolleyes.gif