Finally cracked my Standard and Heroic Hoard

revskip
revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A little background, I'm a day 222 player, fairly competitive and have been in a top 50 PVE alliance pretty much since I had six good 2* champs so I get a fair amount of tokens and covers fairly regularly. I dabble in PVP but usually just shooting for 4k for the season to get the 10 pack although I have hit 5k the past two seasons and have even been able to start getting some of the 800 point rewards and have twice hit 1k in individual PVP events albeit with a lot spent on HP. I have spent money, a couple of hundred all on HP.

I've been saving up all of my non-event tokens for the past two seasons so that I could finish off my 2* and 3* champ farm. When the new sell back was announced I had twelve of the fourteen 2*s max champed missing only Thor and Bullseye. I also had thirteen 3*s champed including eight of the 3*s that received 2* champ rewards. When the announcement was made I decided that I really wanted to concentrate on champing the other six 3*s and starting all my 2*s back over so I could maximize the returns on their rewards.

I managed to champ all six (3Torch, 3Storm, 3CapMarvel, 3Daken, 3Bullseye and Ragnarok) over the last couple of months as well as selling and then re-champing all my 2*s including the two I was missing and champing Deadpool who I had three covers for in my queue. It was very slow going since the only covers I was receiving were through PVP and Lightning Rounds and event tokens which I didn't hoard. With the ISO I got from last night's PVE finish I was finally able to finish off Ragnarok who was the last of the 3*s I needed to complete the farm.

Over that period I saved 514 standard tokens, 84 heroic tokens and my 2 ten-packs from the seasons for a total of 104 heroic pulls. Here are the results:

514 Standard Tokens

18 3*s all different characters pulls are in the order that I pulled them
icon_kamalakhan.png
icon_loki.png
icon_captainamerica.png
icon_magneto.png
icon_punisher.png
icon_hulk.png
icon_psylocke.png
icon_mystique.png
icon_scarletwitch.png
icon_deadpool.png
icon_blade.png
icon_doctordoom.png
icon_humantorch.png
icon_ironfist.png
icon_storm.png
icon_cyclops.png
icon_hood.png
icon_rocket.png

Exactly half of those went for champ levels (3Cap, 3Magneto, Mystique, Hulk, Blade, 3Torch, 3Storm & Rocket & Groot) with a couple being covers that I needed to finish off the 3*s I don't have all the covers for and the others being covers that will either be used once I champ them (IF and Switch) or will eventually be sold for ISO. I did have one weird run where I pulled three 3*s out of four pulls near the end. Longest run without pulling one was 79 pulls.

56 2*s
8 icon_ares.png
3 icon_blackwidow.png
4 icon_bullseye.png
2 icon_ms_marvel.png
1 icon_daken.png
8 icon_hawkeye.png
3 icon_humantorch.png
5 icon_magneto.png
4 icon_moonstone.png
4 icon_captainamerica.png
2 icon_storm.png
7 icon_thor.png
5 icon_wolverine.png

All were obviously useful and applied immediately for champ levels. The longest drought without a 2* pull was 22 pulls but I had several runs where I pulled 3 in a row and two runs where I pulled 4 in a row. Didn't pull a single 4* and never have in the ~1400 standard pulls I've made but that doesn't seem too off as the 4* pulls seem to be very rare.

After applying all the covers and selling off all the 1*s I ended up with 350 HP, 12 CP, 4 Heroic Tokens and 70,650 ISO.

104 Heroic Tokens

3 4*
icon_x23.png
icon_cyclops.png
icon_redhulk.png

Only X23 was pulled with a regular token with the other two pulls both happening in one of the ten packs. All three are useful for me since there are only two covers I cannot use for 4*s (Quake blue, XFW black).

27 3*
2 icon_blackpanther.png
1 icon_captainamerica.png
2 icon_caroldanvers.png
2 icon_cyclops.png
1 icon_daken.png
2 icon_daredevil.png
1 icon_doctordoom.png
1 icon_doctoroctopus.png
2 icon_falcon.png
1 icon_hood.png
1 icon_hulk.png
3 icon_magneto.png
1 icon_mystique.png
1 icon_rocket.png
2 icon_scarletwitch.png
1 icon_sentry.png
1 icon_spiderman.png
1 icon_shehulk.png
1 icon_wolverine.png

Of those 13 went to champ levels and 3 covers were applied to 3*s I don't have cover maxed. The Switch covers will be helpful as she is definitely getting champed in the next week or so. Most of the other will probably end up as ISO although DareDevil or Falcon might work their way into the champing group since I have an extra cover for each already in the queue.

74 2*
10 icon_ares.png
4 icon_blackwidow.png
9 icon_bullseye.png
5 icon_ms_marvel.png
3 icon_daken.png
3 icon_hawkeye.png
7 icon_humantorch.png
10 icon_magneto.png
6 icon_moonstone.png
5 icon_captainamerica.png
3 icon_storm.png
2 icon_thor.png
8 icon_wolverine.png

Again, all covers went to champ levels and both Torch and Moonstone got duped until I can get them cover maxed and restarted. After all the covers were applied I received 9 Heroic Tokens, 9 CP, 6 3* cover rewards, 3 2* covers applied to dupes, 500 HP and 35,250 ISO. I'll probably pull those 9 heroics later tonight so they won't be counted in my total take but altogether with the standards I got:

21 CP
13 Heroic Tokens
850 HP
105,900 ISO

Pretty damn sweet! A spot better than the totals given away in a month of VIP although to be fair it did take two months to accrue. Going forward won't be hoarding anything but CP since I don't have to worry about any 2*s going to "waste" and since I have better odds of drawing a 3* I get champ levels for than one that gets sold for ISO.

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I bet that new "sell all star.png" came in handy
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    nice documentation. and glad to hear that you were pleased with your results. I haven't done the overall math, but it seems like 3x4*s in 104 heroic pulls is a bit unlucky. But at least you didn't get one of your unusable covers.

Will these pulls have any immediate effect on your results? curious to see if you start getting better outcomes in PVP with a deeper 3* bench (mixing and matching the weekly boosteds is useful feature of a deep bench).

Also, does this make you feel like the VIP rewards are good, or bad?

From a 4* transitioner perspective, VIP looks like a pretty terrible deal. But if $10 gives you the equivalent of a month of hoarding, then maybe it seems more attractive: I am sure that's what Demi wants!
  • revskip
    I bet that new "sell all star.png" came in handy

Yes, although since it was a newish feature I made sure to screenshot all my 3*s that I couldn't apply before I hit the sell all on the 1*s. icon_e_smile.gif Just in case.
    Vhailorx wrote:
    nice documentation. and glad to hear that you were pleased with your results. I haven't done the overall math, but it seems like 3x4*s in 104 heroic pulls is a bit unlucky. But at least you didn't get one of your unusable covers.

Will these pulls have any immediate effect on your results? curious to see if you start getting better outcomes in PVP with a deeper 3* bench (mixing and matching the weekly boosteds is useful feature of a deep bench).

Also, does this make you feel like the VIP rewards are good, or bad?

From a 4* transitioner perspective, VIP looks like a pretty terrible deal. But if $10 gives you the equivalent of a month of hoarding, then maybe it seems more attractive: I am sure that's what Demi wants!

Having a wider roster of 3*s is having a definite positive effect for sure and that was before the couple of top tier 3*s that I will now be able to champ (Switch and IF). Some of my more recent champs have helped a lot, 3Daken is very useful for climbing in PVP and for sustainability in PVE. Having champed some of the LR featured has also helped since I can usually get to 250 now without getting attacked. I was able to hit 800 with my champed featured this season and even climbed to 1k a couple of times this season. Still don't hit every PVP since the buffed characters aren't always solid enough to put together a great team but soon that shouldn't be an issue.

All the hoarding really did was allow me to make sure that I was maximizing the farm rewards and not having to sell 2* covers that could instead be turned into rewards that are equal to or better than 250 ISO. Deferred a bit of ISO I would have had earlier had I just sold as I went. All in all the opportunity cost of not using it right away seemed like no big loss and now I can almost immediately champ IF and hopefully still get both Daredevil (4 covers queued) and Switch (3 covers queued) done before their covers expire.

As to VIP, I think it doesn't quite deliver enough value to me so I didn't renew. In two months just hoarding the lowest level tokens and farming the 2*s delivered 10x the ISO, 2x the CP, and a little more HP. Many of the people in my alliance have renewed however so I might donate since at this point the CP and Legendary tokens are actually starting to be useful. I'm still hoarding CP until IM40 gets moved to classics since he is my best covered 5 at 3/1/1,
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It might be a VERY long time before IM40 is moved into classics. icon_e_wink.gif

How much ISO do you bring in every 14 days. I don't know if I could bring in enough to champ 3 3*s in that in time. though the handful of unchamped 3*s I still have are all around 120, so they cost about 100k each. I assume you have have been leveling top tiers like IF and Switch as high as possible, so they might cost less.

Enjoy having the two of them champed. good black and purple batteries make a whole lot of new combinations possible.
  • revskip
    Shield rank saved a lot of these covers that would have gone to waste. Thank you so much devs.

With my extra ISO I was able to champ Switch, Falcon, Loki and Spiderman all who had two or more covers in the queue. On top of having already champed IF and Daredevil this past week, looks like at most I'll be selling maybe 8 or so of the 45 3* covers I drew.

Still not sure who to champ next, I have two covers each of Hood, Dr. Doom and one cover of KK. Leaning towards Kamala since she is close to top tier.