Please stop using 4*/new characters for required nodes

sinburn
sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
For example, Howard the Duck as a required character for Webbed Wonder.

I get that it should be a climb for a player to earn all of the rewards for an event and/or compete for the top spots on a leaderboard. But placing some of the highest yielding and more fun nodes in these events behind some of the rarer tier draws (especially when your final reward is 54000 points...FFS, really?!?) is just another way for players to feel punished. it was bad enough that you gave us nothing to do but "PvP (sorry, PvAI)" for an entire day yesterday.

If you want to take this route, why not do a bonus node for players with these or 5* characters in events - similar to the Deadpool Daily? This way players can still complete/complete with effort and higher tiered accounts can enjoy the extra perk of that long roster grind.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    New roster slots is apparently one of the biggest income sources for the game. It's in the dev's interest to incentivize you to roster everyone.
    You do make a good Point about the high progression though. I don't know if it's at all possible to hit the last progressionif you can't play one of the essential nodes...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    New roster slots is apparently one of the biggest income sources for the game. It's in the dev's interest to incentivize you to roster everyone.
    You do make a good Point about the high progression though. I don't know if it's at all possible to hit the last progression if you can't play one of the essential nodes...
    Of course you can hit max progress without the required 4 star. It takes more play since the points from it are so high, but it's certainly possible. Getting it without any required nodes being done may even be possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not going to complain about the 4 star missions. The structure used to be that all 3 nodes required the same character, which meant if you didn't get the new release, you couldn't play any one of them. I wish Gauntlet would actually follow the formula properly and require the 2 star in the first area rather than requiring a 3 star. Sorry, that's a different complaint.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    They put new 4*'s as boosted for required in subsequent for two reasons (imho):

1 (minor) Reward those that just worked to win them!
    2 (major) Give whales a reason to get/max those characters immediately.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    You do make a good Point about the high progression though. I don't know if it's at all possible to hit the last progression if you can't play one of the essential nodes...
    Of course you can hit max progress without the required 4 star. It takes more play since the points from it are so high, but it's certainly possible. Getting it without any required nodes being done may even be possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not going to complain about the 4 star missions. The structure used to be that all 3 nodes required the same character, which meant if you didn't get the new release, you couldn't play any one of them. I wish Gauntlet would actually follow the formula properly and require the 2 star in the first area rather than requiring a 3 star. Sorry, that's a different complaint.
    Webbed Wonder progression is unusually high and will require more than 4 clears of each regular node and 2 clears of each wave node. But it's probably reachable without Howard, though I haven't calculated how many clears you need to do then.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    They should at least lower the scaling of freshly released 4* nodes.