Has anyone tried playing MPQ while walking on a treadmill?

DTStump
DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
How was it? Asking for a friend >_>

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yep. In fact, I do it all the time. Keep it around 4-4.5 mph and put it on an incline. You'll be fine icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Yep. In fact, I do it all the time. Keep it around 4-4.5 mph and put it on an incline. You'll be fine icon_mrgreen.gif

Great opening question and good reply.
    So Tanis you do this during the required pve grind? I.e
    At the start and at the end of a 24hr or 48hr sub.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    So glad to hear it's not only me icon_e_wink.gif

I am trying to limit my MPQ time at home so the treadmill during a break in the office is my main playing time in one go. I will play for 30-45 minutes getting a bit of work out and pve max progression. this has limited my PvP to almost standstill (well - i get 4-5k during a season if I find time to play but stopped hitting 1k every PvP... I guess my bad luck with OML [1-1-1 and the pool is dilluted so it's almost imposible to get more] meant no easy play to 1,3k .... which led to even more limited play).
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I play on an reclined stationary bike. It takes my mind off the burn and beats just laying around.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Playing" a "game" that is one gigantic hamster wheel while on an actual treadmill.

Working as intended icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    kobu wrote:
    I play on an reclined stationary bike. It takes my mind off the burn and beats just laying around.

Me too. Not all the time but at least for my early in the day grinding.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Yup, treadmill or bike here, too, especially when at the gym during LRs.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I play on the toilet. Y'all are making me feel lazy.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, every day (okay, almost every day) - 34 minutes at 3.6 mph, and I've only accidentally violently pitched myself off once and slammed into the wall, stepped in the cat box, and cursed like a sailor. Not a bad record for being on day 1,000+! Ipad Mini 2.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    So glad to hear it's not only me icon_e_wink.gif

I am trying to limit my MPQ time at home so the treadmill during a break in the office is my main playing time in one go. I will play for 30-45 minutes getting a bit of work out and pve max progression. this has limited my PvP to almost standstill (well - i get 4-5k during a season if I find time to play but stopped hitting 1k every PvP... I guess my bad luck with OML [1-1-1 and the pool is dilluted so it's almost imposible to get more] meant no easy play to 1,3k .... which led to even more limited play).
    I see what you did there icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play while pretending to work at my office. My job is a treadmill; every day "working" hard but going nowhere.

I'm going to cry now.
  • Great thread. Actually has motivated me to play MPQ while I use my exercise bike instead of lazing on the sofa
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:

Great opening question and good reply.
    So Tanis you do this during the required pve grind? I.e
    At the start and at the end of a 24hr or 48hr sub.

Nah, mostly lightning rounds and/or PvP battles really...if it's a pve i only care about max prog for then I'll grind it out, but rarely does my workout timeframe and optimal pve grind timeframe line up
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DTStump wrote:
    How was it? Asking for a friend >_>

Yep, although it's a little more manageable (and probably safer) on an elliptical.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    to me the treadmill just had too much movement to work. I've played a ton on a stationery bike though.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    I maintain a high level of play - despite training and qualifying for the Boston Marathon, and currently in training for Ironman Wisconsin. You bet I play on the treadmill and bike.

Running and playing is very difficult without a stylus. Too much jarring on my iPad mini 2 for it to work well.

I would've won my PVE bracket yesterday if the power hadn't gone out at my house, despite also swimming 2.6 miles and biking 112...

So yeah it's totally possible to work a job, play MPQ, and exercise at a high level.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I play it while walking on hiking trails, but it does slow my play down since I must be aware of my surroundings. MPQ is a pretty easy game to look away from the screen when needed for safety. An end of event rush for placement it usually better done while sitting down.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm also in the camp that plays MPQ from a stationary bike. It's perfect, because it's not a twitchy action game, you just make your moves when you want. I even bought a little handlebar clip mount for my phone and it's a great distraction while I work out.