Season 30 and Simulator (PvE) End....Seriously?

Philly79
Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
To whomever decided it would be a good idea to have both the season end and PvE Simulator end coincide...please do not EVER do this again. It causes a mass disruption amongst players in high end alliances that would like to gain rewards for both, especially when the PvE reward cover is rarely offered and not available in off-event tokens...that is all, go back to designing the next Iron Man/ Captain America/ Spider-Man variant.

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Not to say I don't sympathize, but maybe making it so more people have to choose where they want to put their effort was deliberate? I mean, I can see advantages to timing it so that the top placement of both events isn't all the same people, so maybe it wasn't just an oversight.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the plus side, it looks like we get a day without any PvEs now since Webbed Wonder doesn't seem to start today. Try again tomorrow...
    I'm thinking whoever put the PvE list together forgot Simulator is only three days long and assumed it was four days, thus ending Monday. Maybe got it mixed up with Gauntlet?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time they do this (often) I come here and complain they shouldn't do this.

You should want your players to play more and play to get all the rewards.

But not all alliances can have all players play for all rewards. The Devs should -NOT- want to put stress on the alliances...look at the "what is the best part of the game" thread and Alliances are probably the most commonly listed reason that folks are staying! This is why it was such a good thing to make T100 alliances get new 4* covers, removing that alliance stress!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can sort of see where this is coming from. Because of the rarity, Howard was treated with release levels of placement rewards. Yeah, I'd prefer it had been a Heroic: Whatever (which I avoid) or a Gauntlet with no new release.

Also, why didn't you mention making the next Wolverine variant? I would have left out the Iron Man and Captain America jibe, since the variants made sense to put in (Totally Awesome Hulkbuster for Avengers, the epic characters for Civil War).