PvE Frustrations

13»

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    Darthdevo, I think your last postbreally hit the nail on the head. You've moved from noob or maybe intermediate brackets into the vet brackets now. It means considerably harder to get placemeny rewards. Either tank some to get back into newb brackets, as suggested, or aim for a lower goal.

Grrrrr. I don't know what miffs me more about the low placement. This past event was probably more the fact I didn't get the covers I needed, but I'm typically pretty starved for HP to open more spots on my roster. So it hurts to not get T50 in each sub to get those HP. Same for PvP.

Seems like a waste of effort and time to purposely tank some rounds just to do well in the one or two rounds after.
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    I am a little over day 500 and I play pve only for cp. Hitting the 25 cp and the single cp from nodes is all that matters to me. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Having that as my goal keeps me from getting disappointed at low placement. And since the changes, they've lowered progression requirements, and generally made it easier for me to get that cp. I actually stopped playing a couple events before they switched, and I'm back to playing pve again with how much easier it is.

I'm also doing the same as you in the sense of trying to get the CP in each PvE. And don't get me wrong, it *is* good that they've made it easier in that sense. But I'm also trying to bank as much ISO for leveling and champing 3*s, so it seems really counter intuitive to not play as much as possible to get more ISO in the bank for that purpose. I'm starting to get to the point where I can play all events in DDQ more often than not (25/40 3*s on my roster, with a 26th likely added soon), so I'm at least pulling covers and getting ISO there, but that doesn't solve my lack of HP issue. Hopefully the new S.H.I.E.L.D Rank & Clearance levels will help the placement issue some.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    GurlBYE wrote:
    KGB wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

There are noob brackets. See my experience above. You've been placed in harder brackets because you've been placing well. Tank a couple events and you'll get put in easier brackets.

KGB

Nope.
    Noob bracket tanking has become rampant enough that even when you get into one, there will be some players with a few 5 stars with multiple covers and champed 4's.

A new player bracket is no guarantee of top 10 anymore.
    Top 100 sure.

That seems to be my experience. Literally from my first event I browsed the top placed players and found they had rosters full of 5 and 4*. Seeing all the different covers there are is what sold me on the game. I wanted to get them too. icon_twisted.gif

I'm pretty sure if I tanked, I'd still be up against the same mix occupying the top spots. It hasn't helped in Versus for sure. Last couple I've bothered to try had me up against fully covered 4 and 5* characters, and I've hardly ever been over 300 points.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    fudgecake wrote:
    I decided to go hard to try and get #1 for the rewards.

See, that right there was your biggest mistake.
  • DarthDeVo wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    It just seemed very... off to me, that I could drop that much in the final hour or two and not really do much about it.
    The problem is that competitive placement should always involve the aspect of effort from all of those involved. I should be able to out work someone with a better RNGezus roster. Match damage speed clearing and point locking at one then handing ranking rewards to the 5* crowd is why people complain that cover rewards should be placed in progression. Also considering the above "16 months to cover every 4* and 10 years to champ them". ****?

I want a rank rewarding system, competition is entertaining. I also want to have the option to out effort the field, this system is an utter disappointment.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    It just seemed very... off to me, that I could drop that much in the final hour or two and not really do much about it.
    The problem is that competitive placement should always involve the aspect of effort from all of those involved. I should be able to out work someone with a better RNGezus roster. Match damage speed clearing and point locking at one then handing ranking rewards to the 5* crowd is why people complain that cover rewards should be placed in progression. Also considering the above "16 months to cover every 4* and 10 years to champ them". ****?

I want a rank rewarding system, competition is entertaining. I also want to have the option to out effort the field, this system is an utter disappointment.
    The people beating you in PVE aren't doing so because of their 5*s.
    They would also beat you without their 5*s, see Heroics.
    Those people beat you because they know how to play PVE, mostly because they've been doing it for almost three years.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    And because they have no life.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

Then you want what we had pre 5* and pre-champing, where a roster soft-capped at level 94 could basically beat anyone in PvE (a fully covered 4 star at level 94 basically wrecked any enemies at or around that level). 5 stars starting at 255 and championing rewards basically killed most people's desire to do it, though to be honest I think it might still work fairly well for PvE (you'd have to be willing to sell any 5* you get from legendaries, though).