Increase Frequency of Clash of the Titans

SeveredSynapse
SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
Now that we have a significantly larger collection of 4* characters...

It is time to increase the Frequency in Deadpool Daily Quests to account for those who are in this stage of game progression.

The game can certainly support Clash of the Titans daily (as the number of 4* characters is equivalent to the number of 3* ... we have a daily required character for 3*s, it is time to implement this for our 4* players).

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    With daily Clash of Titans, we would be able to get up to one 5* cover per week (statistically).
    I like the idea of more frequent CoT, but 1 LT per day is just too much considering the power of 5*s.
    What i would prefer is this:

Same nodes as now - 2 with taco, one with 3*, one with 1000 and one with 500ISO. Plus 2000ISO for reaching 15 000pts.
    PLUS: Every day one node with 4* hero - as reward you would get the cover of this hero (works same as 3* node). This node will give you 5 000 points - for 20 000 points (all daily nodes completed) you will get another 5CP.

With this, you will get 4*s you want on daily basis, then you can get up to 25CP per 5 days, so you will also get one LT with a chance for 5* cover.
    Honestly, i think this is more acceptable than your version... LTs are simply too rare to be given each day and i think we should keep it that way...
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I'm all for some progression, and I quite like veny's suggestion above. Put in an extra node for 4ddq's clash, then reward a cover color of maybe the character you've just used (might be slightly redundant) or heck, a cover for the NEXT clash tomorrow!

and if you beat it, you get a total of 29999 points and voila, a progression there for 5cp! Still equals to one LT (25cp) per 5 days, and everyone is happy icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    With daily Clash of Titans, we would be able to get up to one 5* cover per week (statistically).
    I like the idea of more frequent CoT, but 1 LT per day is just too much considering the power of 5*s.
    I would say that considering the power of 5s, scarcity of LTs puts an unreasonable emphasis on pure luck.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 0&p=512283

Most agree, this needs to be at least every three days, I still think every day. I threw it in suggestions in March (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41618) but it has LONG been time for this to happen.
  • SeveredSynapse
    veny wrote:
    I like the idea of more frequent CoT, but 1 LT per day is just too much considering the power of 5*s....

The assumption you are making in this:
    each player has all the relevant 4* characters, appropriately covered and leveled in order to defeat the opposing level 270 enemy.

I think this applies to a smaller portion of the community than you are expressing.

For those with more robust rosters, who could conceivably win every Clash of the Titans node... would it really be unreasonable?
    Those players are near end-game, and their only chance to advance is through LTs / CP.
    Should they necessarily have to wait for the general population of players to catch-up?... End-game progress is effectively held back in the current iteration.
  • SeveredSynapse
    By the way...

Do the Devs actively monitor these Suggestion threads?

Seems like a waste of time to post... the community has had some great ideas over the years, but fell on deaf ears.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:
    I like the idea of more frequent CoT, but 1 LT per day is just too much considering the power of 5*s....

The assumption you are making in this:
    each player has all the relevant 4* characters, appropriately covered and leveled in order to defeat the opposing level 270 enemy.

I think this applies to a smaller portion of the community than you are expressing.

For those with more robust rosters, who could conceivably win every Clash of the Titans node... would it really be unreasonable?
    Those players are near end-game, and their only chance to advance is through LTs / CP.
    Should they necessarily have to wait for the general population of players to catch-up?... End-game progress is effectively held back in the current iteration.
    Lol, what?
    I am not changing the way 4* DDQ works... i only change the frequency and reward system.
    And yes, reward system is way better than current one. Why? Now you can get up to 1LT (15% for 5*, rest are random 4*s) perk 5 days - this remains unchanged PLUS you can get one additional 4* cover per day.
    Trust me, end game veterans are those, who profit from this the most - they will get ISO from selling 4* covers (they mostly win, unlike the weaker players with low level/poorly covered 4*s), or rewards from promoting them (mostly LTs, CPs, HPs and ISO).
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'd be glad to see an increased frequency to the Crash of the Titans even without changes to the reward system. There still aren't that many Crashes that I can expect to win--maybe ten of them out of the dozens available and probably less than that. It'd be great to see the Crashes that require my characters that stand a chance of winning come up more often, that's for sure. icon_e_smile.gif