Hilariously Bad CS Experience

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Backstory - i pushed to 1800 in SHIELD Sim a couple nights ago, got my 500 ISO reward (and green checkmark), and closed the app. The next morning, i was back under 1700 but had no retaliations in my queue. Filed a ticket (more to report a bug, or at the least, a confusing situation).

I clearly stated i pushed above 1800 and was rewarded, and I didn't ask for any compensation.

here's the reply:
Since the game does not update in real-time, the post-fight progression screen does not take into account any fights won or lost while you were in a fight. What this means is that the progression screen can show you reaching a threshold reward, but it will not issue the rewards until it 'pings' the server and ensures that the threshold was actually crossed. Once your "real" score is calculated by the server, the game will know whether or not to send you the progression reward. Moving forward, you will need to continue to compete for the threshold reward until you receive the CLAIM screen for the reward.

According to our records, you did not officially reach the 1,700 Progression point threshold and we are unable to issue rewards that were not officially earned.

We hope this clears things up for you, but If this does not sound like what you experienced then please let us know so we can further investigate the issue.

I wasn't expecting anything except maybe a "hmm - that's weird, or a known bug" or even a "you're a dumbass. our records show that you opened the app and skipped all those retals at 4:40am. Stop sleepwalking."

Instead, once again, they've demonstrated a lack of basic reading comprehension. Sigh.

Comments

• freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I stopped reporting bugs because of this. I would describe the conditions of the crash, whether it was unique to Android or iOS, how often it occurred etc. and I would get replies about how I should expect retreat damage when the game crashes. Of course in none of those posts did I complain about the retreat damage incurred in a crash, I was just reporting the circumstances leading to the crash and hoping for a fix.

I suppose this is what happens when to many players cry wolf (asking for undeserved compensation).

I will say that when the game got completely hosed on Android a while back they did compensate me for that and I appreciated that so all is not bad.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Another templated response from CS!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have noticed if there's a game update (even a mini-update, like the one every day at around 5:00pm EDT,) you will lose both the notices that you were attacked and the retaliation nodes - basically it knew your score going into the update but the update flushes the attack notice. It's annoying, but a fairly tight set of circumstances. That's probably what happened to you.

My guess is they don't know about this, so he gave you the best guess as to what happened - your game shut down before you hit the progression mark.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    putting aside the actual CS issue. I think what happened is that when you restarted mpq, the app might have glitched for a second resulting in the app effectively crashing and reloading itself from scratch. I have had the app crash on startup and seen my retaliation ques wiped out.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I have given up on cs for the same reason. They NEVER read what you actually send them. Really frustrating, but once you give up on the idea of them helping, you feel much better icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has always been the case - a data patch wipes the retaliation nodes and the attack notices.

So I never float in PVP because data patches always come in during my night and I'll wake to no retal nodes.

It's game behaviour, need to work around it, sadly.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Happened to me before, but at 2000 (and you know how quick that can drop). I went over 2k again, no cover. CS did award me the cover, though. Have you pushed back over 1800 to see?

As a side note though, the "you were attacked" lag is hilariously delayed. I've spent a good minute+ tapping on people, nodes, etc before closing the app. Open it back up later "you were attacked!".
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    A few months ago I had contacted CS and the response I got still had the [Insert response here] stuff still in it.

For example:

"It is understandable that you dislike the functionality of the [Fill] feature."

That was and will be the last time I talk to CS since there is no guarantee that they even read what you write...or read what they write.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:
    Backstory - i pushed to 1800 in SHIELD Sim a couple nights ago, got my 500 ISO reward (and green checkmark), and closed the app. The next morning, i was back under 1700 but had no retaliations in my queue. Filed a ticket (more to report a bug, or at the least, a confusing situation).

I clearly stated i pushed above 1800 and was rewarded, and I didn't ask for any compensation.

here's the reply:
    Since the game does not update in real-time, the post-fight progression screen does not take into account any fights won or lost while you were in a fight. What this means is that the progression screen can show you reaching a threshold reward, but it will not issue the rewards until it 'pings' the server and ensures that the threshold was actually crossed. Once your "real" score is calculated by the server, the game will know whether or not to send you the progression reward. Moving forward, you will need to continue to compete for the threshold reward until you receive the CLAIM screen for the reward.

According to our records, you did not officially reach the 1,700 Progression point threshold and we are unable to issue rewards that were not officially earned.

We hope this clears things up for you, but If this does not sound like what you experienced then please let us know so we can further investigate the issue.

I wasn't expecting anything except maybe a "hmm - that's weird, or a known bug" or even a "you're a dumbass. our records show that you opened the app and skipped all those retals at 4:40am. Stop sleepwalking."

Instead, once again, they've demonstrated a lack of basic reading comprehension. Sigh.
    My biggest concern to their response was that you said you had hit 1800 and got the reward and then dropped down around 1700, and in their response they imply that they investigated and found you had never hit the 1700 point threshold. If you had already received the 1800 point reward, then they are lying that they investigated your account and bluffed credibility implying that you are lying about hitting 1700 or 1800. They also imply that they can see the point history of your specific PVP instance. If that is true that they do track the PVP point history, then they shouldn't have any problem rewarding people for valid placement rewards based on their highest points reached if their game is locked out due to a server outage or a bugged update causing the app to be unplayable on a specific set of devices.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:

here's the reply:

My biggest concern to their response was that you said you had hit 1800 and got the reward and then dropped down around 1700, and in their response they imply that they investigated and found you had never hit the 1700 point threshold. If you had already received the 1800 point reward, then they are lying that they investigated your account and bluffed credibility implying that you are lying about hitting 1700 or 1800. They also imply that they can see the point history of your specific PVP instance. If that is true that they do track the PVP point history, then they shouldn't have any problem rewarding people for valid placement rewards based on their highest points reached if their game is locked out due to a server outage or a bugged update causing the app to be unplayable on a specific set of devices.
    Totally. Either we caught them in a lie (boring, but unexpected) or we caught them saying too much.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    They are just people replying to these, and often not very well trained or compensated people.

I am "final escalation" past all the CS reps at a company where even the 1st tier trouble resolution is pretty competitive to get into. Despite that, I get escalations from 10 year vets at the most senior level that have me scratching my head. They are able to handle 99.9% of all troubles just fine, but then sometimes they get things wrong I've know I've explained in excruciating detail.

I'm not saying it's right, just that these things happen. On the other hand, I've seen far more customers explain things that can't happen in this version of reality (either physics have gone out the window or the customer is lying). Sometimes it's a bit on both sides, with a poor customer understanding or relaying the details wrong, and the CS rep giving the answer to a different issue on top.

Sometimes you just have to try again explaining it in a different way or draw a step by step picture. Sometimes it just has to get to the right person, an engineer maybe, and CS is only doing their job not bothering them. If it's really a bug, I find it gets to the right place eventually. I also sometimes find that CS has been a little too overzealous in not bothering me for matters I actually should have been made aware of right from the beginning. icon_e_smile.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    My absolute favorite is when, in their form letter, they request all sorts of information. ALL OF WHICH WERE PROVIDED IN THE ORIGINAL TICKET.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I actually had one of the extremely rare good CS experiences, though they still managed to blame me for the problem. They gave me the reward I was owed, which was indeed nice. It just took a few days and them saying it was my fault this happened.
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I actually had one of the extremely rare good CS experiences, though they still managed to blame me for the problem. They gave me the reward I was owed, which was indeed nice. It just took a few days and them saying it was my fault this happened.

Same here. I play on 2 devices (ipad and iphone) and I guess what happened was I was playing on one for a few days (made some progression) and didn't play on the other. When I grabbed the other device and it reverted to what I was days before. I contacted them and told me it was my fault I should crash the app on the device when I'm done before I go to the other.

They did give me everything I lost though.