Stop giving my stolen creatures back early!

Options
Rootbreaker
Rootbreaker Posts: 396
These may not all be bugs, but they certainly feel like it, given the rules of paper magic.

First, use act of treason or turn against (or presumably malevolent whispers/enthralling victor/willbreaker, but I haven't played as much with those) a creature with a death trigger. When it dies, you won't get the death trigger, they will. Death triggers in the card game trigger from the battlefield, giving them to the player who most recently controlled the creature.

This includes stuff like Hangarback Walker and Erebos's Titan.

In magic Puzzle quest, I'm told that if you use Exert Influence on Akoum Firebird, and it dies, it will go to your graveyard, so appropriate landfalls bring it back for you, not your opponent. Cards always go to their owner's graveyard in the card game, but if you want permanent steal cards to put cards in your graveyard, temporary ones should too. After all, their text says their effect should end at end of turn, not at end of turn or when they die.

Lastly, the most jarring of these was when I act of treasoned an Avacynian Missionaries, I gained control of them, transforming them, and they immediately went back to my opponent. Transform should not prematurely end these effects!