A Little More Attention to the Boosted Character Cycles?

San Narciso
San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I maxed and champed Punisher Max three or four seasons ago, and Cat-9 Storm event is the first time I'm going to be able to use him in PVP because his boosted cycle overlapped with the miserable, horrible off season events where our characters are forced and the boosted characters don't matter. You can imagine my disappointment when I saw that he was going to be boosted again for the off season. I've been champing at the bit to put Pun Max in the ring! At least you gave us the Storm PVP this time, but a little more attention to details like these would be appreciated. I know D3 pushes for diverse use of characters in game, and for non PVE players like me, these sorts of details matter.
Cheers,
JB

Comments

• TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    the character rotations must be pretty complicated and fixing the problem you described above would likely result in creating another similar problem on another char which would tick some other player off.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a PvE guy Huh? Punisher is boosted in both the Simulator and Webbed Wonder.
    But yes, the off-season boosts are a bit annoying. I don't think the next Punisher boost will be during the off-season though.
  • San Narciso
    I'm hoping that this is just a programmed cycle they don't manage, and as the rotations come around, they get off set every time. But assuming we are creeping away from the off season every two or so seasons they come around, the rate they drop new characters can bump it back into the off season yet again.

I'd be happier if they released less characters in general, but that's not something they're going to do because they make a lot of money off whales who want the new shiny toys (that they probably won't even use much because whales tend to have functional 5* rosters).
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Who cares, you aren't going to use him over OML/Phx in PvP anyway. OML/Phx work so well because they both have mechanics that make you want to kill them last. Pun is the opposite - you DON'T want him to be the last one standing. He doesn't fit in well with the current PvP meta at all.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they've stated that the boosts are basically random - they don't have a guy going "Hmm, who should we boost this week?"
  • San Narciso
    Who cares, you aren't going to use him over OML/Phx in PvP anyway. OML/Phx work so well because they both have mechanics that make you want to kill them last. Pun is the opposite - you DON'T want him to be the last one standing. He doesn't fit in well with the current PvP meta at all.

I am actually going to use him over my 390 5/3/1 OML which I haven't been able to pull a cover for in over 3 months because my dismal 5* luck. So I do in fact use boosted 4*s still. When I have a roster like yours I will take the "who cares" attitude as well. But you should consider there are plenty of other players that don't have your roster either who do not rely entirely on two toons.
  • San Narciso
    Jarvind wrote:
    I think they've stated that the boosts are basically random - they don't have a guy going "Hmm, who should we boost this week?"

I assumed that was the case and why I suggested a little more attention... if the computer generates something they can look at the history and say "oh let's change it up a little." I don't believe they will but wanted to offer the simple suggestion to take a little more care into what is being boosted. The Punisher over off season repetition is what drew attention to this. There may not be enough cases like this for it to be an issue, but I do remember thinking the same thing in the past and figured I should voice my opinion.