Vault opening rituals

The Finn
The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What ritual do you have when opening tokens from a vault?

I used to just furiously tap my screen to see the result as quickly as possible but it's now morphed to where I let it scroll while I'm chanting something along the lines of "humina, humina, humina" and then followed by a "come on babbbbyyyyyy" as I tap for the result.

That's not weird at all, right? icon_redface.gif

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I usually end up like this guy : "No Moonstones, No Moonstones, No Moonstones, STOP....Moonstone."

m6PLpV.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just doubleclick. Get it over with.

If she's around when I have event/heroic/tacos to open, I let my girlfriend open them.

She's got some kind of voodoo with tacos, especially. She's opened four of my tacos, pulled two LTs and a 4* cover.

I'm trying to divine her secrets.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    In the very rare event of a not **** vault, I just double click and get the 2* prize out of the way.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I let my 6 year old daughter do it. She doesn't always draw good stuff for me, but it's fun to watch her do it, and no matter what comes up, she gets super excited, and says something like "you needed that guy!" or "WOW FIFTEEN HUNDRED CRYSTALS!" or, my favorite, "IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA!!" when she draws a star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png

Though, when I have her draw Legendaries, she has freaky good luck at drawing token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.png - she has gotten me 4 so far.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Though, when I have her draw Legendaries, she has freaky good luck at drawing token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.png - she has gotten me 4 so far.

It's a warning. I do not envy you her teenage years, when she manifests psychic abilities, nor thereafter when the Phoenix Force inhabits her.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I try not to look at all and click quickly. Too often I've seen something really cool and then drawn a 2*.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tap the screen with my thumb placed over the center so I can't see the symbol, and I close my eyes for good measure and always picture the Legendary Token popping up... just to be disappointed every time. Maybe I should picture Moonstone and only be disappointed 30% of the time?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I tap the screen with my thumb placed over the center so I can't see the symbol, and I close my eyes for good measure and always picture the Legendary Token popping up... just to be disappointed every time. Maybe I should picture Moonstone and only be disappointed 30% of the time?

I cover it with my thumb too. I hate watching the icon for the character I really want fly bye, better just not to look at all.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I let is scroll for a little bit. It ultimately leads to nothing but disappointment, because I know anything good that flashes by is not in my potential reward pool.

For tacos, I usually let it go 3-12. The HP reward usually flashes at #5, and when it doesn't I seem to have a higher probability for HP or some other prize that's better than a 2*.

As I understand it, though, the flashes are meaningless. Your prize is determined when you elect to spend the token. The slot machine is just for giggles. I am curious whether anyone's sat through and recorded every animation in the scroll. Presumably, if your prize is chosen upon click, that scroll will cycle through every other option and they either repeat or randomize. You could potentially predict your reward that way. But if it's predetermined, there's no point.
  • deadtaco
    Calnexin wrote:
    I am curious whether anyone's sat through and recorded every animation in the scroll.

A while back someone on reddit swore that they had watched and memorized the pattern for tacos (I think) and could select the prize they wanted by hitting the button at the right time. Nothing came of it, as most people responded with what you said about it being just for giggles. In reality I just swat the button repeatedly to get moonstone and be on my way.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    (snip)or, my favorite, "IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA!!" when she draws a star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png

When are you going to crush her and let her know he is actually Captain Puerto Rico?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it's not really a ritual, yet, since I've only done it once, but my wife just gave birth to our first child and I thought maybe she could help. I held her hand up to the phone so she could tap the screen and cash in a few leg tokens. Was hoping for Black Bolt, but got a purple 5* Hulk and a few Peggy covers. Of course I also got drool on my phone. But I'm currently working on champing Peggy, so it worked out fine. So I'll be letting my daughter help me open tokens from now on.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I use to count and do all that but it was just to time consuming even though it worked sometimes....now I double tap as soon as the vault door comes up...I also just cashed in my hoard of over 700 taco tokens also (370 in each vault)
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I hadn't thought to use my kid as a good luck charm--he's 2 and a half so letting him get a hold of my phone is a dangerous proposition. Maybe I'll just rub his belly for good luck before I open and see if I get the same good results!
  • deadtaco
    Slight warning to those letting their kids open tokens. We did this and she LOVES opening them. One day I had a few std tokens piled up so I let her go to town while I excused myself for a few minutes.

Come back to find the CP I had been hording was gone and she excitedly told me how she "figured out" how to spend it! She was so proud to figure out that the 20 CP tokens are a better deal. And that is how I got my first token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.png .

It royally messed up PVE for me with the old scaling. Thankfully the penalty has been reduced somewhat and I can at least get full progression if not great placement.