Please stop pushing out updates during Lightning Rounds

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
There is a 30 minute window every 2 hours when you aren't going to mess up someone's lightning round pushing a data patch. Could you please adjust your intra-day releases (at least during lightning round days) to fall in those half hours?

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    There is a 30 minute window every 2 hours when you aren't going to mess up someone's lightning round pushing a data patch. Could you please adjust your intra-day releases (at least during lightning round days) to fall in those half hours?

The data push doesn't occur at the same time for everyone. It's fairly random within a 1-2 hr window, I've found. Of course, you could force it to occur during said half hour by full restarting the game, if you remember.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    The data push doesn't occur at the same time for everyone. It's fairly random within a 1-2 hr window,
    If it's random, they must use the same rng they use for LTs, because I get the push every day right around 5:15pm
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Akari wrote:
    The data push doesn't occur at the same time for everyone. It's fairly random within a 1-2 hr window, I've found. Of course, you could force it to occur during said half hour by full restarting the game, if you remember.

If the assertion is that it is random - how could I 'remember' to restart the game to avoid it confusing my cache for lightning rounds?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they re-set the servers every day around 5:30pm EST. That's the 3:00 LR for me in Mountain Time, and I've just learned to run that specific time at the beginning or lose the seeds.

Somewhere long ago I suggested they only have forced resets/refreshes when players open the app, rather than on their server time. Thinking about it more, there is probably no way to do that.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Akari wrote:

If the assertion is that it is random - how could I 'remember' to restart the game to avoid it confusing my cache for lightning rounds?

My take is that the push is always there within the window, but it doesn't actually kick you out of the game at the same time every day. So in order to have it not kick you out at a very inopportune time, you force restart at a better time for you and force it to occur.