You need to work on stability :|

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Click away from a game because I need a small break (4th clear Flaptain vs Carnage/Muscle/Muscle, with no Bird Strike cover).

Open Chrome. Open Cracked Lite.

Come back, and apparently I "retreated" thanks to a crash.

I know this isn't a new issue, and I know I could have avoided it by breaking between games, but that is one hard **** node and I lost my AP boosts I was desperately clinging too for an edge X_X

Comments

• Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    That's not a crash, that's just a force close because your phone ran out of RAM. I mean, MPQ could probably decrease RAM usage, but it's not really a bug.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Koffitok wrote:
    That's not a crash, that's just a force close because your phone ran out of RAM. I mean, MPQ could probably decrease RAM usage, but it's not really a bug.

Yup. I have to choose between finishing an MPQ match and switching to the camera app to take pictures.

I mean, I still end up swapping to the camera app, it's not really a choice. I'm just aware that capturing that moment will cost me a few healthpacks.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the clarification guys. I can usually get away with a couple hops, but I already knew to stay the hell away from.the Facebook App (DESTROYER OF VIRTUAL WORLDS).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    If all characters entered every match at full health (and the Devs say they don't sell many health packs...), this would solve two problems:

1) This complaint popping up now and again (and the unfairness of competition when app crashes)

2) OML being the only character that matters - still powerful but if he isn't the -ONLY- character that you don't have to use health packs with everyone would be at an even playing field.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Thanks for the clarification guys. I can usually get away with a couple hops, but I already knew to stay the hell away from.the Facebook App (DESTROYER OF VIRTUAL WORLDS).
    I have had a few game crashes followed by a notice that the Facebook app is updating. Gee thanks, I don't even have a Facebook account.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If all characters entered every match at full health (and the Devs say they don't sell many health packs...), this would solve two problems:

1) This complaint popping up now and again (and the unfairness of competition when app crashes)

2) OML being the only character that matters - still powerful but if he isn't the -ONLY- character that you don't have to use health packs with everyone would be at an even playing field.

3) All true healing characters would be made stronger because regenerating health is part of what balances the character. By contrast, Carnage, Juggernaut, Ares, etc... would probably have to be nerfed, because the self-damage would basically not matter.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you had a RAM issue, but I've had the same problem without multitasking. There's something unstable in the current build. I've force-retreated twice. I'm certainly not happy about it, but I'm a little fish in this big pond. I lost a match and 3 health packs - cost me about 5 minutes of effort, and the packs regenerated while I was at work.

I imagine if you're climbing in PvP it could destroy a weekend's worth or work.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    on the iPhone here, I can usually swap between apps and it'll stay active in the fight. The ones that really bug me are the ones where I'm playing, and for no reason at all, in the middle of the fight the app disappears. I then have to load the app again and suffer the retreat penalties.

Fortunately a majority of the time it has happened before the match starts, so I'm on the screen where you confirm your tu's when it blanks out.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have an HTC One M8 (2 year old phone now with 2 Gigs ram) running 5.0.2 (can't update because AT&T requires 16 gig's free hard drive space I don't have).

I've never had a single crash of the app ever and I've been interrupted countless times in the middle of a match for:
    1) Incoming text messages from various message apps that force minimize the game (offering retreat option)
    2) The update process starting for another app that force minimize the game (offering retreat option)
    3) Incoming phone calls that force minimize the game (offering retreat option)
    4) Manually minimizing to checking email
    5) Manually minimizing the game during a battle while exiting WiFi coverage, driving someplace else and resuming the battle minutes later after I arrive at new destination.

I've never tried taking a photo while a battle is ongoing (like Stax) so I can't speak about doing that (I should try it).

If your running on Android I suggest you download an app like UseMon which shows CPU usage (by core) and RAM usage (I'm normally around 60% Ram use). Make sure your Ram use is low and force close apps you don't need to save Ram if Ram is truly what your lacking.

KGB
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    I have an HTC One M8 (2 year old phone now with 2 Gigs ram) running 5.0.2 (can't update because AT&T requires 16 gig's free hard drive space I don't have).

KGB

I had to upgrade to a newer phone when T-Mobile pushed the Android Marshmallow update to my M8. Phone became incredibly slow. Closing apps would not help. Matter of fact, the app that closes the other apps would take forever to launch. When I tried to play MPQ, if a match went on too long, the background would turn black anytime a character used a skill.

Be grateful you can't update. I really thought I could make it 3 years with that device, but the update just made it unbearable to use.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    KGB wrote:

KGB

I had to upgrade to a newer phone when T-Mobile pushed the Android Marshmallow update to my M8. Phone became incredibly slow. Closing apps would not help. Matter of fact, the app that closes the other apps would take forever to launch. When I tried to play MPQ, if a match went on too long, the background would turn black anytime a character used a skill.

Be grateful you can't update. I really thought I could make it 3 years with that device, but the update just made it unbearable to use.

Wow, thanks for the tip. I was wondering whether I should free up 16 gigs by temporarily copying data to my SD card and performing the update. The answer now is definitely not since I too want to get a 3rd year out of my phone which I still really like.

KGB
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Mine crashes when

Facebook updates
    Google updates
    I open up my camera
    I send texts with pics
    I send group chat messages with pics
    I open up my work outlook email server
    I SO MUCH AS HIT THE MENU THAT SHOWS ALL CURRENTLY RUNNING APPS
    It wants to