R107 Hot Fixes *Updated (08/18/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello all,

Here are the hot fixes arriving in Daily Patches, after the R107 update:
(*Note: This thread will only be updated when relevant info is available. Some Daily Patches may not contain hot fixes.)

August 18th
• Black Bolt, Quake and Kamala Khan now have the Inhumans affiliation.

August 17th
• Reduced the amount of health your characters lose when you retreat from the current battle to 10% (was 33%). This includes any situation where you exit the battle without winning or losing.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just another devious plan to sell health pa..... Wait what?
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Whoa......
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The cynic in me says this is a temporary shift, and is intended as a way to soften the blow of the recent spate of app crashes that seems to have cropped up since R106. But I do like the potential for retreating to become a strategic decision that doesn't instantly doom me to using 2-3 health packs.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to say something snarky here. But this hotfix will go a very long way towards mitigating the damage done by the crash bug. Please keeep working on the game crash bug, but this is a very good first step.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Awesome change, thank you!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I call dibs on the IGN change to BraveSirRobin.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Wow quite surprised about this change. No way does it benefit the developer more than the players.

Totally put back the puzzle in the game. Yeah if you get a bad board, you can choose to strategically lose 10% of health or keep going in the fight.

This is a very welcomed change.

To be honest I didn't even know the old retreat cost was that high at 33%. Always thought it was whatever the enemy team could do in damage the next turn.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next step: remove all health packs, all characters enter with 100% health, and OML becomes powerful but not "The Only Character That Matters".

Maybe we wouldn't see him 85% of the time! Oh wait, customer services divvied out only OML covers and cheaters didn't have their rosters rolled back, right.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I though it was 25% before. So, wile 10% from retreat is more bearable, what I see is that you (developers) had a way to hot fix out retreat damage when you knew there was a bug crashing the game and punishing your players. When the bug persisted, you still could have taken out the "retreat" damage. Please, just take the retreat damage out. Turn that 10% into 0%. If it really is that hard to get rid of the bug, then please get rid of the damage entirely.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is great!! 99% of my retreats are due to app crashes, so this is a wonderful way to make them less painful.

When I retreat on purpose, it's usually when I'm about to lose anyway, so even this will help to make it less painful to my surviving characters.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Never retreat! Never surrender!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    an1979 wrote:
    Never retreat! Never surrender!

Pretty sure that should be:

Never Retreat! Nev-<APPLICATION CRASH>
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Wow. This is kind of shocking to me, because it's essentially an admission that they're having a lot of trouble with the crashing bug and aren't sure when it'll be fixed.

It's the right thing to do for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I'm sure they're getting CS tickets complaining about spending health packs due to crashes, and this will mitigate it to some extent. It'll also give players some confidence that events won't be ruined by untimely crashes, and customer confidence is something you never want to mess with. But I suspect they'll roll this back once they get the crashes figured out.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    i think i fainted icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome! Crashed on me during PVE last night on the last Carnage Muscle Muscle node... and I was winning... ouch!

Now fix the penalty points for losing in PVP... some of those losses I've had are related to the app crashing as well.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Yay! More of these type QOL changes please.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    Awesome! Crashed on me during PVE last night on the last Carnage Muscle Muscle node... and I was winning... ouch!

Wow, same exact thing happened to me, same node, but it crashed one move into the match so Carnage only got to fire off about 13 times. icon_lol.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    August 18th
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    nice to see the decrease in health from retreating....not that I do that very often but it sucks to burn health packs if/ when the game crashes...nice work
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]August 18th

Hmm, maybe Medusa will use this.