Nodes of Power + lockups

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So we're going into Nodes of Power with lockups still present in the game.

Shall we all put Prized Amalgams and Devour in Flames into our decks?

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    So we're going into Nodes of Power with lockups still present in the game.

Shall we all put Prized Amalgams and Devour in Flames into our decks?

Do it! If no one can play then its fair.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me. I'll go and take them out of my decks right now. Anything you'd like me to replace them with? Runnaway Carriage springs to mind. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me. I'll go and take them out of my decks right now. Anything you'd like me to replace them with? Runnaway Carriage springs to mind. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    You can put it in the deck and if you draw it just discard it and don't play it. That way you won't get the freeze, but if another player plays against your deck, the AI will and the game will freeze icon_twisted.gif
    No, actually, please don't do that.
  • shteev
    Options
    The more competitive players will have already thought of this. I'm just evening out the odds.

Besides, can't you quit out of a node at the moment and choose a different planeswalker to fight against?
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    The more competitive players will have already thought of this. I'm just evening out the odds.

Besides, can't you quit out of a node at the moment and choose a different planeswalker to fight against?

That's not being competitive. That's being an ****.

Don't do it. Especially under the guise of being competitive.
  • jimilinho_
    jimilinho_ Posts: 292
    Options
    Just to let you guys know there's no radiant flames or prized amalgam in my decks, I've been nice.

I'm in the same bracket as Rootbreaker, not sure about the rest of you
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • shteev
    Options
    Wouldn't this be a really brilliant way to test if Devour in Flames causing lockups?

How long has this lockup been occuring for again?

I think I'll do it actually. I'll put it in my Chandra, so if anyone wants reaches a point where a game loss won't affect them too much, then they can play against my Chandra and see what happens, and if they don't want the game to lockup on them, then simply quit out of the node when they get a match against my Chandra and re-enter, and they'll get a new opponent.

My Chandra deck is now Devour in Flames + the 9 most expensive cards I own in red.
  • shteev
    Options
    Oh wait, that won't work, will it, because the AI won't cast Devour with a High Priority. I'll try and sort something similar out.

Ok changed it, it's Devour in Flames + a bunch of cheap spells which should all cast easily.