Goddess of Thunder

JeffCascadian
JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
Can we please have a unique character symbol for Thor (Goddess of Thunder)? She's a different character than Thor (Classic) and Thor (Modern) and should be playable with them. We can't do that because she shares the icon_thor.png symbol with those two.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    All three wield Mjolnir, which makes them all Thor. There is only one Mjolnir. There can only be one Thor.

A better question is, "Why is Totally Awesome Hulk not playable with Incredible Hulk?" I don't know what lore reasons there are behind that one.
  • JeffCascadian
    zodiac339 wrote:
    All three wield Mjolnir, which makes them all Thor. There is only one Mjolnir. There can only be one Thor.

The problem with that logic is that Cap's shield is also unique but you can have Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and Peggy Carter all on the same team. Peggy, it can be argued, is from an alternate reality but that doesn't excuse the Steve/Sam paradox.
    A better question is, "Why is Totally Awesome Hulk not playable with Incredible Hulk?" I don't know what lore reasons there are behind that one.

I don't know about it being a better question but I'd call it an equally valid question. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 wrote:

I don't know about it being a better question but I'd call it an equally valid question. icon_e_smile.gif

That one is a very simple answer, in the comics
    Amadeus Cho absorbed the power to transform into Hulk from Banner using special nanites, hence presumably Banner can no longer transform.. until Civil War 2 brought the avengers to his hideout and he seemed like he was about to turn again, but subsequently killed; so we won't know right now (if ever) if Banner can still transform
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the risk of going down the pedantic comic book nerdery rabbit hole, there are technically many Mjolnirs, because different universes exist. And having multiple Thors in the same place at the same time isn't unprecedented, even if they don't all have the 616 version of the hammer. Just say they were created by secret wars Doom and let us have our all Thor team.
    secret_wars_2_cover-large.jpg?1422057905
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    At the risk of going down the pedantic comic book nerdery rabbit hole, there are technically many Mjolnirs, because different universes exist. And having multiple Thors in the same place at the same time isn't unprecedented, even if they don't all have the 616 version of the hammer. Just say they were created by secret wars Doom and let us have our all Thor team.

But if I'm not mistaken, Jane took ownership of Mjollnir from Thor, so technically that is still the 616 hammer. In terms of comic continuity I'm willing to accept not being able to play Foster in the same team as Odinson, but hey, I don't mind more Thors from other universes icon_lol.gif
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    zodiac339 wrote:

The problem with that logic is that Cap's shield is also unique but you can have Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and Peggy Carter all on the same team. Peggy, it can be argued, is from an alternate reality but that doesn't excuse the Steve/Sam paradox.

I would say there is a huge difference between the Thors and the Caps, namely that the Caps don't need to have the shield to be a Cap, and that their power isn't derived from their shield whatsoever.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    3* cap uses an energy shield and not the actual shield.
  • JeffCascadian
    Ding wrote:
    I would say there is a huge difference between the Thors and the Caps, namely that the Caps don't need to have the shield to be a Cap, and that their power isn't derived from their shield whatsoever.

But many of their abilities do come from them using said shield.
    xidragonxi wrote:
    3* cap uses an energy shield and not the actual shield.

A very valid point that had occurred to me as well.