Easy AI improvement

Options
majincob
majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
The AI should play players decks prioritizing cards based on their order in the decklist. For example I want my combo deck to play spell x before any other spell then I put that card in the first slot in my deck etc. That would make PVP events much more challenging.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would make deckbuilding interesting too icon_e_smile.gif
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't think this is needed.

What is needed is... Better ai.

Ai can be simulated in many ways....
    One used(it's basically been proved to be the case) in duel of the planeswalker was the "best outcome" ai.
    Basically it checks all possible moves and does the one that provide the most benefit.
    Don't get me wrong, it had its own problems, but 95% of the time you would see the ai playing quite well the card in hand.

The tricky part is to actually weight the results.
    When that is done though you do not even need to script anything additional even with new stuff released.

This can lead to good plays by ai without even thinking of it.
    For istance ai could buff your creature to get it in range of smite the monstrous naturally.

Their ai works not like this since it is obvious it cannot play week new cards of this set.
    Their model most likely requires each card use to be coded individually.

P.s. Talking about card cast ai.
    Gem matching one is fine if they just fix the 5 match detection lack.
    An ai choosing the best gem swap for best outcome would make so many cascades, that the old chandra would seem balanced in comparison.