Second SOI BB

Options
Coconut99
Coconut99 Posts: 212
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So, despite getting only 2 Rares plus the guaranteed from my first SOI BB when the set first launched, I figured my luck couldn't possibly be that bad twice, so let's try a second BB...

Well, this time I only got 1 Rare aside from my guaranteed (which was a duplicate of one of the first three).

But I guess I can't complain too much, because I did also manage to snag 2 Mythics--Odric, Lunarch Marshal and Relentless Dead.

Odric kind of wants to make me redo my Gideon OG deck from a support-based ally one (to take advantage of Starfield) to one based around this and Hanweir Militia Captain, maybe with Oath of Gideon/Retreat to Emeria and then some gem-changing cards (possibly with Serene Steward in the mix, though then I'd be competing for creature space a lot). Though Odric is pretty expensive...

Relentless Dead...almost makes me want to actually, finally get myself a black PW (yeah, somehow I still don't have one...was waiting to save enough runes to be able to buy Ob and actually level him up to like 50, but maybe I'll just grab Lilliana instead now). There aren't any Black/colorless supports that would provide haste, are there? (I can't find any on Decktester.) Wondering if there's some way to combine Relentless Dead with the Smothering Abomination I've had collecting dust to make some use out of both.

Comments

• Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    I have snagged 0 mythic from the 2 boxes I bought so far. I think you're ahead haha.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, do I want a Relentless Dead! I have pretty much *all* the good rare zombie cards...

Strider Harness gives haste.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zombies got the big boost this expansion.

If I manage to get just a couple more good ones I will probably get OB nixilis and build a zombie deck.

Liliana on paper looks more suited for it, but it is better at Reanimating big stuff.
    Also I do not want to reassemble deck each time I want to change deck archetype :/
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Man, do I want a Relentless Dead! I have pretty much *all* the good rare zombie cards...

Strider Harness gives haste.
    Yeah, but only to the first creature, which would always be Smothering Abomination at that point. The Relentless Dead and Other Zombie To Be Named Later would keep dying and reanimating into slots 2 and 3, so unless there's another card that boosts my first creature for every Zombie I cast (which I don't think there is) so that this means my Smothering is constantly getting boosted each turn, Strider Harness doesn't help solve that problem icon_cry.gif .
  • KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    Options
    Haunted Cloak - SoI Rare Spell
    Cost - 1 colorless!
    Grants Vigilence, Haste, and Trample to target creature

thats what im using in my black deck to force what i want to be a defender.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    Got my 3rd SOI BB, now I've gotten 4 mythics total except that 2 were dupes. Something like this happens to me with every damn set when I'm getting my first mythics, anyone else?
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    Got my 3rd SOI BB, now I've gotten 4 mythics total except that 2 were dupes. Something like this happens to me with every damn set when I'm getting my first mythics, anyone else?

3 soi bb.

1 mythic so far. Last box had only two Rares, both repeats.

Luck of the draw I guess. I've gotten the 8 hourly bonus 3 pack with a mythic and rare together before, so I guess I can't complain when it goes against me.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Had to wait 5th big box to get some good stuff.

Behold and beyond, probably the second card I wanted the most from this set.
    The big boxes that came after were ok.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    I have snagged 0 mythic from the 2 boxes I bought so far. I think you're ahead haha.

same here from my one soi bb.
    at least I got 3 unique rates and enough black cards to master to platinum. that's my whole purpose of buying the soi bb early.

I usually wait till all the time exclusive cards are in before buying.

the other great soi rare (zombie colossus) I got was from the qb contest. lol.
  • Sinslayer5
    Options
    My wife just pulled 8 rares from her first SOI BB - probably the best drop rate I've seen yet, SMH...
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Second BB today, 1 mythic and 6 rares.
    - Seasons Past
    - Ever After
    - Deathcap Cultivator
    - Corrupted Grafstone
    - Avacyn's Judgment
    - 2x Devil's Playground