Why doesn't PvP reflect the same score

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
So why when I'm trying to do my grind (in this case to 1k) that my PvP score after the battle, where it adds my gain to my current points, is different than the screen where I'm searching for new opponents?

After my list battle, there was ~35pt difference between the two.

I realize that it's probably from opponents which have dinged me, but why are they two different variables in the game memory? To me, which did simple programing 20yrs ago, why not the same "global" variable for the two screens?

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    So why when I'm trying to do my grind (in this case to 1k) that my PvP score after the battle, where it adds my gain to my current points, is different than the screen where I'm searching for new opponents?

After my list battle, there was ~35pt difference between the two.

I realize that it's probably from opponents which have dinged me, but why are they two different variables in the game memory? To me, which did simple programing 20yrs ago, why not the same "global" variable for the two screens?
    Because the game isn't pinging the server constantly, it doesn't always have up-to-date accurate score totals of every player.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    But it "displays" your score after every battle, which presumably is the score which is saved on the server.

So why can't there be a line of code which states:
    Change local_variable_score_tracker to equal what was just shown on the screen.

That doesn't seem to hard to change out.