Would you reset your roster if given the option?

deadtaco
deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Say for some amount ($20?) you could reset your roster and get every single token you ever used back. Would you take your chances and reroll your roster?

Opening tokens is the main pull of the game for many so this would allow you to do that and set up a new roster to try the events with.

I am pretty sure I would do something like this every so often just because it would a ton of fun to do.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Well, it would depend - would I open all of my old tokens according to the same drop rates that were in place when I opened them last time? Or would the new odds and new character mixes be in effect? What about event tokens, or tacos? Can I have all the ISO I ever spent back? What about covers that I had purchased with HP - given that feature isn't supported anymore?

The hardest part of that choice would be my champed OML. Given the 2.5% drop rate he has in classic legends now I would project a very high risk that I wouldn't get him back.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    as screwed up as my pulls have been - yes I have a decent pull rate but most all the pulls are concentrated on 3 abilities, so I've had to sell several and 2 total for phx. I'd pull mine again. I miss the lower mmr anyway. oml/other is pretty boring, but better than endless oml/phx. I'd probably park all of my 5s at 360 or so. yes, I'd reset.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would I get back all the covers I got from placement and progression rewards too?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    if i could get back all the iso ive earned to go along with it, yes, yes i would. and i would love to get back all the scrapped four stars as tokens to reroll. so much waste.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering how tokens and such have changed since day one, I might be tempted.

Maybe I wouldn't bother getting Moonstone to level 94 this time.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    Say for some amount ($20?) you could reset your roster and get every single token you ever used back. Would you take your chances and reroll your roster?
    Of course. Chances are I wouldn't get the same **** luck twice in a row...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure. I'd enjoy 18 dupes of Moonstone. </sarcasm>

The premise depends on what token you get for what cover. At the baseline I'd expect a heroic for a 2* and a legendary for a 4*, but 3*s are scattered around. If my 3*s become heroics - no freaking way. If my 5*s became legendaries - no freaking way.

I've been anomalously lucky with OML covers. No way am I giving that up for a re-up. If I were to omit that character, I still wouldn't. Having the 3*'s mostly champed at this point, I can't imagine a plausible scenario where randomizing my roster would be to my benefit.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    100% yes. It seems close to mathematically impossible that my 5* luck would be as bad a second time.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    chamber44 wrote:
    100% yes. It seems close to mathematically impossible that my 5* luck would be as bad a second time.
    Unless you've gotten 0 5*, this is hyperbole.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    meekersX wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    Unless you've gotten 0 5*, this is hyperbole.
    i have 6 5*'s total (not including the IM46 my alliance won, and the SS + OML that I got from the resupply) and almost 200 4* covers - not including the ones i've had to sell (3 in the last week alone). My grand total since the updated odds? zero.

I rarely hit 2000 in SHIELD Sim, etc, so the vast majority of those have been from LT's. Even removing the covers i had before SS was introduced, my percentage is far below the 10% being advertised.

So yeah - i'll take that chance.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not enough detail. Do you get the ISO back too? Do you get back all non token covers, be the from events, champion rewards, or SHIELD resupply? If not, then no friggin way.

If so, then we have an interesting proposition. Where it gets really intriguing is the possible double dip on LTs from champion rewards.

For example, I champ a 3*, I get a legendary token. I open that token, so I assume in a reset I get it back. So, I do the reset, and draw 14 covers off that 3* again. Thus, I end up with a second LT, one I had opened and got back with the reset, and a new one for championing a 3* the second time.