Best week of boosted characters ever?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A month or two ago we had what was generally considered to be the worst boosted week ever.

Is this this the best boosted week ever?

Imhb, iceman, cage, iron fist, gsbw (so Winfinite is back on the menu for those with max prof. X). Multiple very strong combos in play.

I can conceive of a better slate of boosteds, but I don't know that we have ever had a better one in-game.

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    It's definitely the best Heroic I can remember.....

FistBuster or Iceman/GSBW as duos. IF/LC/BP for those still in 3* land - very friendly and actually...dare I say it??? Enjoyable.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    IMHB and Iceman in the same team are really strong. It is making this Heroic fun! (I have to play PH+OML everywhere)

In the deadpool PvP they are even stronger, because you have to deal with Deadpool first, and Iceman is so stupidly strong in defense! I prefer to fight OML+PH than Iceman+OML/PH icon_razz.gif
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Best for heroic, worst for PVP. Nothing makes stuff more frustrating than making sure everyone's loaded to the max. It's like BOP
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can tell Vhailorx is really excited, cause there's like 3 different spellings of week in the first post. icon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    thought there might be a t missing in the thread title. icon_e_biggrin.gif

fist and cage and panther are great but really all that matters is the 4s and since my mmr is quite different now, I still look back much more fondly on the week that 4cyke and ice were boosted together. that was a great week. this is nice tho too with the heroic. that other week we had the hades that was the EotS pve "test" (iirc).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    thought there might be a t missing in the thread title. icon_e_biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAOQQogTiaI
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    It took me a full sub to realize that 90% of my character list was locked. I was just using the boosted and didn't even realize!

Wish every week could be this good.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought this would be fun, but I really don't like playing against 40k+ hb's, even if I do have a maxed icebuster it's still not fun taking down that amount of hp. I was planning on getting war machine's 1k reward, but played to 600 and quit.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I thought this would be fun, but I really don't like playing against 40k+ hb's, even if I do have a maxed icebuster it's still not fun taking down that amount of hp. I was planning on getting war machine's 1k reward, but played to 600 and quit.

Yeah, I was able to get to 1k, but 1300 is off the table. Just too many people loaded up this time. Even my champed OML can easily be beaten by boosted IMHB and Iceman.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Is this this the best boosted week ever?
    By "best", if you mean in terms of how many health packs I need in PvP, yes, this week is probably surpassing most others...
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    It's definitely the best Heroic I can remember.....

FistBuster or Iceman/GSBW as duos. IF/LC/BP for those still in 3* land - very friendly and actually...dare I say it??? Enjoyable.

The last Heroic was pretty darned good, too. Cyclops and Thing at the 4* level, and AoE week for 3*s. Cyclops (5/3/5), Thing (3/5/5), Kamala (5/5/3) made a stupidly strong team (though I forgot to put Thing back to 5/3/5 for his 4* DDQ, which made that a lot tougher than it should have been).

No heroics, but next week is looking pretty loaded as well, with Peggy, XPool, and Punisher boosted.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    In terms of PVE, this feels like a week we'll be talking about a year from now in terms of "remember that week where Iron Fist and Hulkbuster and Iceman and Cage and GSBW were all boosted? It was the best week EVER!"

Because that'll be the week we'll be doing Heroic Juggernaut with Squirrel Girl, Sentry, Psylocke, Rags, Invisible Woman and Chulk.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Essential Carnage node aside, PvE has been a dream icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Carnage is easy to deal with if you bring a stunner. Like Iceman. That's my experience at least.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    Carnage is easy to deal with if you bring a stunner. Like Iceman. That's my experience at least.

Stunner and Protect spammed are both good (very fluffy that Spider-Man can deal him), Doc Ock board churn would probably help a fair bit too.

My Iceman and my Doc both suck though X_X

Managed it with She-Hulk (steal and AoE board destruction) plus GSBW (MOAR DESTRUCTION).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally agree that this week's boosted look good. My HB is champed, but my Bobby is 5/5/1 at level 150, (before boosted). Of course he is still great. However, I'm looking forward to next week even more.
    Boosted icon_peggycarter.png Peggy!. icon_peggycarter.png
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

I rarely play PvP. But my Peggy is 3/5/5 at level 230+, so I'll most definitely be going all out next week. Especially since I have a few Peggy covers in my queue and I need to champ her soon.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Totally agree that this week's boosted look good. My HB is champed, but my Bobby is 5/5/1 at level 150, (before boosted). Of course he is still great. However, I'm looking forward to next week even more.
    Boosted icon_peggycarter.png Peggy!. icon_peggycarter.png
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

I rarely play PvP. But my Peggy is 3/5/5 at level 230+, so I'll most definitely be going all out next week. Especially since I have a few Peggy covers in my queue and I need to champ her soon.

I just championed Peggy a few hours ago, and PunMax a couple weeks ago. Seriously looking forward to their buff week.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Going to agree with some folks that this week in PvP was pretty grim. I'm still at the 3* level, and it was a bit tedious having 90% of people using the Cage/Fist combo.