a PVP point of view from a new, paying player

EmSkee
EmSkee Posts: 15
PVP isn't fun for me because:

A. I am constantly matched against players who have far better rosters than I do so EVERY match is a grind. One mistake or one ungodly AI cascade and its a safe bet that I will lose. The losses feel cheap. I'd like to play against a more evenly matched roster.

B. It seems like whenever I get close to a decent reward tier the game instantly gives me multiple losses so that I never achieve that reward.

The system just feels so cheap and unrewarding. You shouldn't take away the points that go towards reward tiers. Please give this mode some love.

Edit*

More cheap PVP behavior!

I needed 34 points in Season XXX to get to 1700 for a 3* Beast so use the rest of my health packs and I choose the match that gives me 35 points and an easy win( I have beat this team easily multiple times before). Within 10 moves the game is over as the AI annihilates me with cheap cascades and a horrible board of tiles. Now by the time I have enough health packs or heroes to fight again I surely will have to play another few hours just to get to the 1700 point threshold again. And can you guess what is gonna happen when I get there again? If your answer is something very frustrating, then you probably are correct.

Please get rid of the cheap behavior in PVP!

It's been one thing or another every time I get to that threshold and it's just **** already!

One question. What is the point of making PVP so frustrating?

Comments

• EmSkee
    I'm starting to understand how PVP works now but don't think I'm fully there yet... How do I choose which 3 covers another player has to fight against?

My roster is just 49 deep and have one usable 3*(iron man) and some newly championed two stars to go along with 5* Hulk. Guess I just need to pop in at the end of the event to get a decent finish for some ISO and a couple recruit coins and not waste my time trying to play for better rewards. Since I won't be spending any HP on shields until my roster is big enough to carry all the covers that I want, I take PVP is just not a mode that is worth spending much time in.

Here's the thing though... the more fun I have with a game, the more time I spend playing it. And I am much more likely to spend money on a game that I spend a lot of time with because I can justify the expense as entertainment.

If the whole design goal of MPQ is to make the developer $$$, then why don't they figure out a way to make PVP more accessible to newer players?
  • EmSkee
    Thank you for being helpful OJSP. All questions except the one about how to control which of my covers other players face in PVP were directed at d3.

I don't see much difference between the teams I get put up against pre & post 5* Hulk(I've only had him for two days). Even before I got him I was having a hard time finding a match that was somewhat even. The only time I get an even match is the first one or two I get paired up against in the start of an event.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    To answer your last question, the team opponents see in PvP is the last team you win a match with in that event.
  • EmSkee
    thank you for answering that icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'm in similar situation: 2 usable 3* characters, 4 2* champions.

PvP events - experiment with different slices (event start/end times). I'd suggest the last slice (5). For me it's still tough but I'm able to get some decent placements without using more than 1 shield.
    Out of curiosity, I tried slice 4 in the current PvP, and without a doubt, that is the worst PvP experience I've ever had in MPQ.

Shield event seems to have opponents closer to my level and usually is much easier, you just need to be persistent or use some shields to reach best rewards.

And PvP is frustrating, so all the try-hards that get 3k+ scores, can brag how awesome they are.
  • EmSkee
    Thank you for the recommendation. I will try slice 5 the next time icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alsmir
    Btw, I forgot to ask:

What do you mean by usable 3*? What covers do you have for him?
  • EmSkee
    Thank you for the encouragement! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Hitting 1700 points with this roster would be an achievement if You do not spend lots of money for shields. I have just recently, after ca 10 months, hit 2k with my 3 star.png roster (few important ones still not well developed) using only 2 shields, and the second shielding was at 1997 (!) points. After unshielding I've hit 2k points very fast, hoping that nobody attacks me in the mean time. I was successfull, very happy, and then in couple hours I've lost almost 500 points.
    So you must be patient. It takes time to gather resources. Do not expect success in Versus mode so early, unless You wish to spend thousands $$.
  • Alsmir
    My first 2k in Shield:

4/4/5 KK (lvl 153)
    4/5/2 IM40 (lvl 140)
    5/3/1 Quicksilver (lvl 104)

No shields. I grinded to 1000, then 1400 and final push to 2k. I have lost about 500 points one hour later, but that doesn't matter. I have used yellow/red +2 AP boosts when grinding from 1,8k.