Colossal punch in-front bug

The Finn
The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
I've only recently champed Colossus so have only played around with him a brief period. I actually like him a lot more than I thought I would!

But I've noticed Colossal Punch doesn't consistently give the extra in-front damage. I've seen this happen on multiple occasions where he was clearly already in front (sometimes have fired a power previously first, eg 2 Colossal Punches in a row).

The last thread that I found was from last November and there was no real resolution.

Anyone else getting this behavior? If this could be fixed I'd probably try to use him more often.

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Also when he is buffed, his stats are wrong in colossal punch so hard to determine how much damage it really does...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Finn wrote:
    I've only recently champed Colossus so have only played around with him a brief period. I actually like him a lot more than I thought I would!

But I've noticed Colossal Punch doesn't consistently give the extra in-front damage. I've seen this happen on multiple occasions where he was clearly already in front (sometimes have fired a power previously first, eg 2 Colossal Punches in a row).

The last thread that I found was from last November and there was no real resolution.

Anyone else getting this behavior? If this could be fixed I'd probably try to use him more often.
    Did you fire someone else's skill before his? That can move him out of the front position until something else (his next tile match, using another of his skills, his yellow ability...) moves him back to that spot.
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Did you fire someone else's skill before his? That can move him out of the front position until something else (his next tile match, using another of his skills, his yellow ability...) moves him back to that spot.
    It's happened even when punching twice consecutively so I don't think it is that. The weird thing is that the bug doesn't seem to happen consistently so hard to reproduce and nail down.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Its absolutely the case that colossal punch in-front bonus fails intermittently. Fairly often, too - like 10-20% of the time. Yes, every single time I wonder if i really had him in front - but its so consistent, I'm now certain of it.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I can confirm the observation. Not always it works properly. Seems that it happens more often if there are two Colossal Punches in a row used.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Had this happen to me recently when 3* Iron Man was in front but then his Recharge tiles resolved, stunning IM and moving Colossus to the front. I then used Colossal Punch and it did not do the bonus damage.